How to create a searchable and printable report that is public?

Ivonne Mejia
Ivonne Mejia ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I have a Diversity inventory that contains a list of different programs managed by different departments. Now we are being asked to publish that inventory in a way that is searchable and printable. This should be public, meaning that people don't need to login to Smartsheet to view the data.

I thought of using a dynamic view, but can I publish a dynamic view?

If dynamic view is not the solution, is there a way I can create a report where people can use a Seach function (not filters) and also be able to print a set of data?

Is this even possible in Smartsheet? All ideas are appreciated.

thanks!

Ivonne

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ivonne Mejia

I've answered your other post (here), but I'm happy to clarify on this post as well.

No; only the report Owner or Admin shares to the Sheet(s) and Report can create filters on a Report since this would be updating the Report Builder criteria. Please see the Help Center article on Sharing Permissions at the bottom, here: Sharing Permission Levels.

As an alternative, you could set up multiple reports with different possible filters, then provide these multiple URLs as filter-options to your end users instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Ivonne Mejia

If you are on a business or enterprise plan, you can use the Publish feature to do exactly what you describe above.

You can publish a report to display it in a view-only format that allows viewers to open row attachments and comments, highlight changes, and print the report. Viewers can also use the "Find" feature, Ctrl + F (Windows) or Cmd + F (Mac) to search through a published report or sheet. See this Help Article for more information: Publish a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Ivonne Mejia
    Ivonne Mejia ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Genevieve. Is there a way for end user to filter rows from the report and print those rows?

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ivonne Mejia

I've answered your other post (here), but I'm happy to clarify on this post as well.

No; only the report Owner or Admin shares to the Sheet(s) and Report can create filters on a Report since this would be updating the Report Builder criteria. Please see the Help Center article on Sharing Permissions at the bottom, here: Sharing Permission Levels.

As an alternative, you could set up multiple reports with different possible filters, then provide these multiple URLs as filter-options to your end users instead.

Cheers,

Genevieve