Default view when a user opens a sheet

Hello!

What is the default view for a unlicensed user when they open a sheet? (In regards to collapsed and expanded rows) Is it the same as the last way they viewed it, or how the last user had viewed it?

Here is the specific question from my colleague: "Usually when I'm done with a set of tasks I like to collapse them because I don't need to see them anymore. But when I close and reopen SS it always comes back as not collapsed. Is there any feature to keep the rows I closed collapsed?"

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Sarah.S

The sheet will display the hierarchy that was last set and saved by a collaborator. Is it possible that a different user is entering the sheet, expanding the rows, then saving the sheet? This would mean the next time your colleague logs in again the rows would show how the other person expanded them. See this Help Article: Expand or Collapse Indented Rows

Depending on your account type, you may be able to check the Activity Log to see if someone adjusted the hierarchy. It will show as "Row Hierarchy Changes" when a user expand-and-saves or collapses-and-saves.

Cheers,

Genevieve