Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Hot key for Expand and Collapse Row

Options

As Business Analyst, I'm frustrated when working with large projects that I cannot expand and collapse with a hot key. I find it cumbersome to use a mouse to click the + or - on a row of nested rows to expand or collapse the nested rows. Ideally, I'd like keyboard/hotkey functionality tied to the expand and collapse function for a row only; if I need to expand all or collapse all, I'll happily right click on the column header and perform the function. The problem is when multiple BAs are all using the Smartsheet they collapse sections that I need opened, and when they Save (or auto save takes over), my section is collapsed when I refresh, so I'm needing to quickly expand and collapse mine and other users nested rows. Yes, there are two problem here.

37 votes

On Wishlist · Last Updated

We understand the convenience that using hot keys to expand and collapse rows would provide. While it's not on our roadmap right now, its a great idea that we will look into as we continue to improve sheet views. If we believe we can make this idea a reality, we'll update the status here.

Comments