Data Shuttle Duration Not Uploading correctly

Options
Michael Culley
Michael Culley ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 11/21/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

When I try to upload an excel workbook that has duration columns, it changes all of them to a default of "1899-12-31". How do i fix that?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Michael Culley

I've been able to replicate what you're seeing when bringing through Excel data that's formatted as Time. Since Smartsheet does not have a Time column or function, it is currently expected that the value is unable to be recognized by the Smartsheet Text/Number column and appears as a single value (currently "1899-12-31", as you've found).

When you have a moment, please submit your feedback around Data Shuttle to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea! You may also want to vote on this other thread discussing Time in general.

In the meantime, I've successfully transferred data like this from Excel to Smartsheet using Data Shuttle when I changed the Excel data to be stored as text (instead of time), or used a helper column in Excel to translate the time to text.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers