Copy Row by Automation

Options

I'm copying rows that meet specific criteria from multiple project sheets into a single different sheet using an automation. When looking at the destination sheet, is there an easy way to determine what source sheet each row came from?

Similar question for reports - If a report is collecting data from multiple different sheets, is there a way to group the data based on the source sheet it came from?

Best Answer

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Chadd

Simplest way to do this is to have a hidden column in each sheet with a column formula to add a sheet name into the cell when other data is added to the row.

i.e. ="Sheet 1" (or whatever works for you), make sure it is a column formula.

You can use that to identify where the row of data came from and to sort or filter the data in reports.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul

Answers

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

HI @Chadd

Simplest way to do this is to have a hidden column in each sheet with a column formula to add a sheet name into the cell when other data is added to the row.

i.e. ="Sheet 1" (or whatever works for you), make sure it is a column formula.

You can use that to identify where the row of data came from and to sort or filter the data in reports.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Paul