Adding details from Smartsheet files onto RM schedules

Options

Hi All,

I recently synced some of our Smartsheet files with Resource Management. Now I am looking into schedules and I have a question if there is a way to get more details.

The one of the files has many rows (over 150)  and over 30 people working on tasks – each row is a separate task.

The detail I am missing on the schedule sits in one column (not the primary), I would like to pull that information into the schedule, not only the file name & manual description as I have now.

File title “HSDM – capacity…”

“HR System Demand..” was updated manually on the persons profile.

I need to see the information from column marked in yellow.

Thanks in advance!!!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Agata Wozniak

The fields that are synced through the panel are the primary field (in your case, the Project Name column) for that row – along with assignees, allocation, and dates. (See: Update task assignments in the Resource Management panel)

There currently isn't a way to include other custom information.

I haven't tested this, but what about combining your Jira Key data and Project Name into the Primary Column? For example, copy/pasting your Project Name data into a regular text/number column, then use a formula to combine content from that column and include the Jira Key?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Agata Wozniak
    Agata Wozniak ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to me.

I, in the mean time received an information from the RM support team that including more details is not possible yet. It might become an item to be added in the pipeline for development.

But to be sure, I tried your suggestion. It seems that the panel is not taking the primary field/ Column. unfortunately that was not included in my screen shot, but the Project Name is the same as File name in this case. So the RM takes I think the name of the file. it syncs only 2 columns (assigned to & allocation)

Have a lovely weekend ahead!

Agata