Publishing Dashboards

Megan Rodel
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Good day, 

Hoping the community can help with this quick question - when a dashboard is published, are changes to the data or source sheets still reflected on the dashboard? 

We want to use this dashboards for reporting purposes but have concurrent timelines for various stakeholders. I was wondering if one could publish a dashboard for the previous month and run the update progress for the new month in the background. Once the data has been entered and reviewed, it can then be released to the greater group.

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Megan,

The dashboard will update when you update the sheet(s) or report(s) or similar. To make it work like you want you'd have to have something that defines when it should show in the dashboard.

What is it that you publish on the dashboard?

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée, 

Thanks for the response.

Its a dashboard showing some qualitative information like Successes, Risks etc. as well as graphs showing performance in individual months from January to date. The issue is that the timing of an important meeting falls at the same time as the regular monthly update of data. We don't want to show the new data in the meeting without having had a chance to verify it but I also don't want to delay the teams inputting the data for new month. 

Make sense? 

Kind regards, 

Megan

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

Interesting use case.

Am I understanding it correctly that they update/change data already present in the sheet?

Can you describe your process in even more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.