Upcoming changes to our automated notifications - live today 17th April 2020

Options

Answers

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It would seem with all the complex new features being released, this feature request (really a return to the Classic Smartsheet) should not be so tough. @Genevieve P is anyone reading this thread that has stayed alive for over a year?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @Susan B Peck

Yes, we are tracking this thread and the other enhancement requests that are submitted to our Product team. I’ll ensure that Michael’s new comment is communicated to the team as well.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks, @Genevieve P - we appreciate your watching this thread and hope this request bumps up the "let's fix this issue" list.

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P.

We although urgently need to change the senders name shown by an alerte mail.

Instead of my name it should be a definable "process name".

During the workflow different colleagues are responsible for several alert messages. (ticket opened, evaluated, solved, accepted)

Hundreds of colleagues are receiving smartsheet alert mails with my name although I am not responsible for the mails but the creator of the process.

Thank you and have a fantastic sunday

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@mreed Thank you for raising this again. It is unacceptable that Smartsheet has continued work on many new features and capabilities that seem to have an extremely limited use but can't fix this one that affects any Smartsheet installation that uses automation workflows. @Genevieve P. is there any movement on this topic?

I'm a member of the early adopter program and have raised the issue there, but no apparent progress even though in a focus group meeting with key Smartsheet staff, there was agreement that this change has been painful.

Thanks,

Susan

• Justin Beaulieu
    Options

@Genevieve P.

I'd like to add my vote to this thread, please let me know if there is a different way to formally request this feature. I would like to have the "from" field be Customizable so I can at a minimum change it to have my company name instead of my own.

Thanks!

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. - Hello again! Is there any progress on addressing this repeated request from users? Smartsheet is adding lots of fancy functionality that many of us probably will never use, but this annoyance continues to cause frustration and confusion. How hard is this to fix? Who do we need to escalate this request to?

• Kyle Morgan
    Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. - Has there been ANY progress on this repeatedly-repeated request? I cringe every time that I create a new automation/alert for our company.

PLEASE, Smartsheet. Address this issue.

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Kyle Morgan Thanks for raising this issue again.

@Genevieve P. Smartsheet seems to be focusing on new complex features that apply to a few customers (at least from what I see), but not addressing the small things that cause grief every day. It's really sad that the company that used to listen to its active users seems to have stopped doing so.

Susan (customer since 2011)

• Agreed with others, this change has been horrible for our teams as well. I've also submitted an enhancement request but this needs to be corrected ASAP. We should be able to specify the "from" address on workflow notifications.

• Joachim Mund
    Joachim Mund ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 01/10/22
    Options

again, a solution is urgent needed!

I'm tired answering all those mails :-( because my colleagues believe that I am the process owner.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi all,

I can confirm that this is a feature the Product team is actively looking into, but I don't have a timeline or ETA on updates at this time.

Please continue to voice your use-cases and situations to the team by filling in the Feedback form, and you may want to sign up for alerts from the Release Notes page so you can be notified if anything changes.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• Susan Peck
    Susan Peck ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you for the update, @Genevieve P. ! Glad to know the team is considering this request. It affects all levels of Smartsheet users, not just Enterprise users. Many of the new features being released seem to apply only to Enterprise users. Those of us who are not Enterprise customers hope we aren't being left behind.

I will fill out the Feedback form again.

Thanks,

susan

• Susan Papali
    Susan Papali Employee
    edited 01/21/22
    Options

Thank you all for sharing your feedback on this thread. I the PM for Notifications, and I want to assure you that we hear your feedback on the personalized sender name, and we are committed to solving this problem. I want to understand your use cases, and I'd appreciate it if you could take this quick survey https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/b3762f44bbed474a87467e925843fa25

Thanks,

Susan Papali