Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Scheduling an Update Reminder like an Alert

Options
Anthony Lunn
Anthony Lunn ✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

This is a test sheet (screenshot attached). I am trying to set up a method to where an Update Request is automatically emailed to the sales rep 3 days after the trigger date (Bid Date). This functionality is in the Alert Module, but in the Update Request you have to manually set a date each and every time; keep in mind I don't want to do a batch of rows because the trigger date is crucial to follow up date for us. I should note that I want to use the Update Request to get bid feedback from our customer through our sales people. In a perfect world, I would like to paste the info into Smartsheet weekly and it would auto-send an Update Request to pertinent salesperson X days after Bid Date so the recipient can provide feedback within that cycle. Any thoughts?

Capture.PNG

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Shaine Greenwood Employee
    edited 07/13/17
    Options

Hi Anthony,

We don't yet have functionality to conditionally trigger sending an Update Request but our Product team is working on implementing this feature. 

Please also submit a Product Enhancement Request using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site to show increased demand for the feature.

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Anthony,

If high importance, Update Requests can be sent using the API. That's an option if you can't wait for the Devs to roll out a new feature.

Craig

This discussion has been closed.