What licensing is required for collaborators, commenters etc please?

Options
robtudor
robtudor
edited 11/24/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi,

I have searched but can't find a definitive answer. If I create a project plan in Smartsheet and want people to comment, update or collaborate in general, which of those need a paid license please?

To clarify, in this scenario the creator of the plan would have a business license.

Many thanks.

Best Answer

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Those are more sharing permissions as opposed to licensed vs unlicensed. If a user wants to create new sheets/reports/dashboards, set up automations, create shared filters, and/or a handful of other things then they will need a license, but if they are just updating existing sheet data/comments/attachments, then they do not need a license but need to be shared to the sheet at the appropriate level.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Those are more sharing permissions as opposed to licensed vs unlicensed. If a user wants to create new sheets/reports/dashboards, set up automations, create shared filters, and/or a handful of other things then they will need a license, but if they are just updating existing sheet data/comments/attachments, then they do not need a license but need to be shared to the sheet at the appropriate level.

• Adrian Diaz
    Options

HI, If a have a user unlicensed in various sheets and a I need to delete his name becouse he do not work with us anymore, How can Ia do it?. Do I have to delete hem in each Sheet?

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Adrian Diaz

Assuming they have to log in, you can delete the user from User Management window, this will prevent them access to your account and sheets.

Cheers.

Forever forwards Backwards never.