Community Corner Newsletter [October 2024]

Genevieve P.
Genevieve P. Employee

Hiya everyone! Genevieve here from the Community Team with October's edition of our Community Corner Newsletter. If you missed marathon-Max's update last month you can check it out here; we launched 3 more languages, the Community Playlist, and more!

Community highlights

Help us welcome some of our newest Member introductions in Show & Tell or look through the Trending section for more ways to connect.

Say hello to these Community Members 👋🏻

1. @Donald Aguirre here
  2. @AK_Snow here
  3. @NRJW53 here
  4. @DVargas here
  5. @Alex Br here

You can find more new members and say hello here.

---

Ideas & feature requests (recently reviewed and updated by our Product Team)!

What’s it going to be? Head to the Smartsheet Product and Ideas Topic to share and vote on ideas.

---

Community updates

In Case You Missed It (ICYMI)

AI access for the AI curious

Explore Smartsheet AI tools through December 31

October Question of the Month

Share your answer by October 31

Celebrate our Global Community

Share a photo that represents YOU & earn a badge

NEW Smartsheet Expert Page

Connect with experts who can help build Smartsheet solutions

Marketers & Creatives Survey

Share your insights by October 4

Brand Collective Podcast

Check out the latest episode

---

Pass the mic 🎤 Community Champions

Community Champions are members who demonstrate product expertise and generosity in sharing best practices and support with others on the platform.

“Community is where I’ve always found help, no matter what time of the day. I’ve been unable to sleep because I was stuck with a problem I couldn’t take my mind off of. I just open the computer, post my question, and there is always someone from some part of the world awake and willing to help me.”

- @Ipshita , Principal/Owner at Boulder Bright LLC (Learn more about Ipshita in her Member Spotlight)

---

Member Appreciation

See Activity feed for more

This month's leaderboard

1. @NickStaffordPM
  2. @Genny
  3. @HolleySerpa
  4. @Sophia Lam
  5. @annemgwood

Member spotlight

@Almonto1 Here

Do you know someone in the Community who should be next month's Member Spotlight? Nominate them here.

---

Overachiever's Motivation Mix

The Smartsheet Overachievers are here to give you the songs that will keep you going and keep you achieving! Here’s what’s on the playlist right now.

Imagine Dragons - On Top of the World

“I chose "On Top of the World" by Imagine Dragons because it speaks to overcoming challenges and celebrating success after perseverance. The lyrics reflect the highs and lows of life, reminding me that even after setbacks, there’s always the opportunity to rise again. This song resonates with me because it celebrates the feeling of finally reaching a goal after hard work and determination (or even that feeling when Generative AI Formulas solves that formula that had me stumped). Its uplifting message inspires me to keep pushing forward, no matter the obstacles, and appreciate the victories along the way.”

- @Deena Duran , Senior Business Analyst at University of New Mexico Health Sciences and current Overachiever

---

More about Genevieve:

In September I drove from Edinburgh (where I now live) to Cornwall for a friend's wedding. This is the 4th wedding I've attended in a year, and so far I've been a bridesmaid 7 times in my life! I was just a guest at this one so I got to simply enjoy the party.

What I love most is how weddings are so unique depending on each couple: this one was a ceremony in a beautiful old stone church with a farm-to-table barn reception. My cousin's wedding in Alberta was a take on a music festival with bands on a stage and picnic blankets all over their field. A friend from Vancouver Island had a surprise wedding in their back garden, with fairy lights in all the trees. For my best friend's wedding, a group of 30 of us flew out to Uganda and we all did a safari beforehand… and the stories go on.

Each wedding I've attended has been an honour and I'm looking forward to many more! (Hopefully with more ceilidhs as well 💃.) 

How many weddings have you been to this year?  

👉 Gen's Top Support Tip

This one is for the lurkers - want to follow a Question to see the response without commenting? Bookmark the post, then make sure your notification settings alert you to comments on your bookmarks!

---

Give us your feedback

Have ideas for the next Community Corner? Leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Note: Unfollow this Topic if you'd no longer like to receive alerts. We'll miss you!

Comments