NEW Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge 🏅

Options

Comments

• Melissa Boehl
    Melissa Boehl ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would definitely use it to purchase items for the local animal shelter or ASPCA. I love animals and it breaks my heart to see stray animals out in the cold or extreme heat without access to food and clean water. I have 5 dogs, all of which became a member of my family because I cannot stand to see animals abused, neglected, or homeless. If I could, I would take them all. I do what I can, when I can, to support others who are in the fight with me! Here in the countryside of North Carolina, I see so many dogs chained outside in the scorching heat of summer with no water or in the bitter cold with no shelter. There are dogs just running loose with owners that couldn't care less! It is incredibly sad and honestly it enrages me and makes me even more motivated to support organizations that are working toward rescuing these poor animals and getting them into loving homes. Ok rant over.... LOL

Melissa Boehl

Smartsheet Architect | TurningPoint Energy

• WMCosgrove
    Options

Twenty dollars can be change for one person or a fortune for another. A friend suggested breaking down the cash and purchasing four, five dollar, gift cards to fast food for homeless or to give it to a food bank. My parents would suggest giving it to the SPCA to help them. However, losing my parents to COPD and being an advocate to bring awareness by running/walking half marathons I would donate the twenty dollars to COPD Awareness organization.

• CatSusk
    CatSusk ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I found $20, to do the most good I would go to a dollar store and buy cans of tuna fish. Then I would leave them in our local "purple pantry" donation boxes for anyone in hunger to take.

• Anthony Favara
    Options

👐 I would donate to the The Affinity Foundation - a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable foundation established in 2005 to support charities in communities along the Affinity Federal Credit Union branch footprint. Learn more: https://www.affinityfcu.com/financial-wellbeing/blog/topics/foundation

• Sarah Donnelly
    Sarah Donnelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Working on the assumption I didn't see the person drop it so I can't give it back to them. I'd use it to buy peanut butter for our local pet rescue center. They stuff it into Kong chew toys for an enrichment activity for the animals waiting for forever homes. The licking and chewing action helps reduce stress in the animal.

• Deena Duran
    Deena Duran ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Assuming I cannot return it, I would want to put it to use and stretch it. I would try and save it for the next time an organization is seeking donations to put towards a matching donation. "This company will match your donations, dollar for dollar." I follow a few different non-profits, so I would try and donate it towards one of them once a matching opportunity presents itself! Now my $20 has become $40, towards a non-profit in need!

• CrisArr
    CrisArr ✭✭
    Options
    If I can't find the original owner of the $20, I would donate it to local Community Center for Kids like Greenwich House Youth Community Center who provide a safe space to learn and grow.
  • Shelli Foster
    Options

I would put it towards a school lunch account that was negative at my kid's school. No child should be hungry!

• LizTo
    LizTo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the owner couldn't be found, I'd give someone an extra big tip to make their day, or donate it to one of my favorite nonprofits, like Home Not Borders (they help furnish apartments for refugee families newly arrived to the US.) They have an Amazon wishlist of basic household items that are always needed.

• dthomas
    dthomas ✭✭
    Options

I would donate to a local organization called Rainbows. "The mission of Rainbows United is to enhance the lives of children with special needs and their families by bringing together community resources and providing customized services." Rainbows helps so many children and families in our community at no cost to the parent. They have an incredible mission and serve around 4,000 children and families per year.

• Maricel Medina
    Options

I will donate it to a non-profit organization using my husband's company match program as it will match 100% of it, so the non-profit will receive $40.

• Tony Geraci
    Options

If I found a 20 dollar bill, I would use it to purchase food items that are needed for my town's food pantry.

• John Wyldbore
    Options

I would donate it to charity.

• Maxwell Griffith
    Maxwell Griffith Employee Admin
    Options

I'd take the 20 dollars to the pet store, buy as much food I could for cats and dogs and then deliver to my local humane society.

• Audrey Howard
    Options

There's a lot of homelessness in my area, so realistically I'd hold onto it until I came across someone who needed it- often I see people at the grocery store parking lot or at the gas station, so I wouldn't have it for long. $20 can be a whole lot to someone who hasn't eaten a full meal in days, or can be put towards bus fare- it's not my business how they end up using it

This discussion has been closed.