Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Automation DocuSign Save As Draft

It would be helpful if we could use the automation - workflow to trigger a Generate Documents - DocuSign but use the 'Save as Draft' option. Currently, we use the 'save as draft' feature as we need to add additional documents to the DocuSign envelop. However, it would save us time if the creating the draft in DocuSign could be automatically triggered in a workflow.

7 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• wytan
    wytan ✭✭
    edited 09/26/24

Hi, have you found a way to achieve this or has Smartsheet released this functionality? I'm trying to automate generating DocuSign drafts as well. In my situation, we generate DocuSign envelopes that will require X amount of signers, but in some cases, not all signers are required - this variation causes the automation to generate a DocuSign to error because some fields don't have an email address (because those signers aren't required). I'd like the workflow to generate a draft in DocuSign instead and have the processor review and delete the lines for singers not required.

• scottreiter
    scottreiter ✭✭✭✭

@wytan Smartsheet has not released this functionality and I have not been able to achieve a workflow to Save as Draft. I have the same situation as you where there is variability on the signers. In addition we need to add additional documents (ones not generated in Smartsheet) as well as we want to configure 'Document Visibility' settings in DocuSign to control which signee can see which document. So we use the 'Save As Draft' functionality to get the generated document over to Smartsheet and have the processer add documents, update signees and do the document visibility settings. Currently, that processer has to manually trigger the Save as Draft from the Generate Documents menu in Smartsheet. It would eliminate a bunch of clicks (and the error of selecting the wrong generated document template) if we could trigger the 'Save as Draft' option thru an automation workflow.