Kyle Morgan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Confucious.

Because I wanna know if he really did say all of those things. 😁

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    edited 09/01/23
    Options

I would love to interview many people, but I'm wondering who would make the most memorable first guest for a brand new talk show. From my favorites, and if it could be anyone from any time, it would be between J. R. R. Tolkien and BTS, because they both have such enthusiastic fans.

Tolkien because there's just SO much to ask about his incredible world building and the messages that he wove through his stories, and BTS because I would personally love to talk about music with them. 😄

• AACG
    AACG ✭✭✭
    Options

Chesty Puller - definitely a Marine I would want to pull up to the bar with and discuss his Marine Corps career. 🦅🌍️⚓️

• KUMDC
    KUMDC ✭✭✭
    Options

hmmm... there are so many interesting people, alive and dead. But if living/dead was no problem, one of the first people I would want to have on my show is Stephen Hawking. Only problem is I am not sure I am smart enough to ask the questions 😂

• Carson Penticuff
    Carson Penticuff ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You're dangerously close to interviewing the cast from Bill & Ted.

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Options

My Great Grandmother. She was an amazing woman and had a really interesting life - immigrating to the US in the early 1900s, not knowing the language, family's life savings stolen - starting from scratch on a farm in Minnesota... She had incredible faith and a funny sense of humor. She'd make a great guest!

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/02/23
    Options

I would like to sit down with my ancestors. I don't know much about them. There are a lot of engineers, and I'm curious to know what kind of things they did to keep their minds busy, and what kind of ideas they thought about.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• Purnima Gore_PGPS
    Options

My grandfathers. Appreciate it is only one, but I never met them when I was in a position to speak to them because they passed away a long time before. I was three. They experienced the world in the 1930's and onwards, and it was so different to what it is now. I have some written history that my mum asked from them and with her gone too, I wish I could speak to them to hear it first hand.

• RebSchr
    RebSchr ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

This might be close to one of the nerdiest answers..........because yes, I am a nerd at heart.

When I first saw this question posted, I immediately thought of Charles Babbage (providing that it could be anyone living or dead) who has been credited with inventing the first computer.

I wonder what he would think of the modern-day computer. Could he have envisioned what computers are today? What about the fact that you can carry a computer in your pocket? Imagine what he would think of AI?

But.....given that I haven't built a time-machine, I would like to interview Oprah. I think she has a lot of insight and advice of the do's and don'ts of interviewing, and just the world in general.

• SueC
    SueC ✭✭
    Options

@Arsineh that is a tough question! IF I could go way back, I would interview Peter, the prophet from the Bible, and ask why, after all you witnessed, how could you deny Jesus?

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Michelle Obama! Hands down! She just exudes the aura of a powerful and intellectual woman who knows what she is doing. She never did run for one but if she did, she would be one of the best Presidents our country could ever get!

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Monique_Odom_Comcast
    Monique_Odom_Comcast ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I had my own talk show, I think my first guest would be my late great grandmother. She was a powerhouse of a woman that started a huge, kind, and loving family and inspired dozens of children in a one-room schoolhouse in South Dakota. There's so much we can learn from those that have experienced life - if only we take the time to ask and listen.

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow, such a tough question! There are so many great answers, and I have seen many already. Okay, I would say, my first guest would have to be my Dad, he passed 8 years ago, I always admired him, and we worked together at 2 different companies (In CA and in FL). The first guest must be extremely unique, and unlikely to appear on someone's else's show. My next 2 guests would be Barak O'Bama and David Tennant.

Sherry Fox

Business System Data Analyst

Del-Air Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• yupthatsbilly
    Options

I'd interview the first dog who could speak.

It'd be a big deal, because we've trained them to speak. And we need them to train us on how to listen.

This discussion has been closed.