September Question of the Month 💭 Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Oprah Winfrey and Jerry Springer - so they have experience what it is to be on the other side ;)

• Cassi
    Cassi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wow, this is hard because there have been so many influential individuals who have made an imprint on our lives. I think I would want to interview the many poets and literature authors who have allowed us to have the imagination we all have today. I think each one of the founding authors has created a foundation that we rely on every day. I cannot pick just one!

• JWRe
    JWRe ✭✭
    Options

I'd love to host a chat with influential authors, starting with Mary Shelley. It would be amazing to ask her what she thinks of the legacy of her writing and the influence she had on genre fiction.

• JoHanna_Schultz
    Options

I would interview my son. He is currently in the USCG and stationed on the other side of the country. We don't often get to connect due to his schedule and mine. It would also bring awareness that within 2 years of graduating high school, you can live in 5 different states, drive cross country, and be on the way to owning your own home by the age of 20!

• joelsmit94161
    joelsmit94161 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Keanu Reeves, I believe he belongs in the pantheon of the best humans in the world, along with Fred Rogers, and Steve Irwin, etc.

• Aaron Manley
    Aaron Manley Overachievers
    Options

I feel like having Mr. Rogers as a first guess on a talk show would be fantastic! I feel like it's someone we all respect in one way or another and we know his message would be uplifting and inspiring for so many. And if there is one thing we need more of in our current times, it is uplifting and inspiring messages.

• Christina09
    Christina09 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I could interview anyone, then I would interview my dad who passed away 15 years ago. I was too young at the time and he was too busy a lot of the time, so we didn't get to spend a lot of time together. There's a lot I wanted to ask and know.

Treasure the moment.

• Deowens
    Deowens ✭✭✭
    Options

I would love to interview my grandmother. So many interesting revelations came to light after her passing I would love to hear her account.

• MaggieM
    MaggieM ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would interview the Dalai Lama. The world needs more with his view of compassion, empathy and love!

• StephanieStepney
    StephanieStepney ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

My first Guest would be my Great-Grandmother who passed away in 2004 at 92 years old because I would want to learn more about her life and my history.

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    Options

My first guest, if I were to have my own talk show, would be to interview my father-in-law. He passed away when my husband was only 12 so I never go to meet him. But the added bonus of not only getting to meet him for the first time ever, would be to invite my husband to be my cohost so he could ask his dad all of the questions that have been on his mind for the past 52 years. I would also want to introduce him to his grandson, our oldest son who looks just like him (from the pictures I've seen), and then ultimately bring up the entire rest of his family (our daughter, our youngest son, and then his four great grandchildren). I would love to know about his life as a young man in Holland and his decision to eventually move to Canada, start a family, and then his final decision to move that family to Colorado. Most importantly, for me, it would be amazing to learn more about him, his parents, his grandparents and just generally know more about my husband's father's side of the family and their history!

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• rshelnutt
    rshelnutt ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/19/23
    Options

My first guests would be my ancestors who came to America many, many years ago. I would love to hear their life stories.

• Stacy Gumula
    Options

If I had my own talk show, it would be a departure from the usual celebrity-driven format. Instead, I'd bring in everyday Americans, those whose voices often go unheard, to discuss the real problems and challenges they face in their lives. These individuals would come from diverse backgrounds and experiences, offering a platform to share their stories and perspectives.

The goal of the show would be to facilitate meaningful discussions about the issues that affect average Americans daily—topics like healthcare, education, employment, housing, and more. By focusing on real people and their stories, the talk show would aim to spark conversations, empathy, and understanding among viewers. It would be a platform for sharing solutions, building bridges, and fostering a sense of community.

In a world filled with distractions, this talk show would serve as a space for genuine dialogue, encouraging viewers to think critically about the challenges facing their fellow citizens and inspiring them to become part of the solution. It would be a reminder that everyone's voice matters, and together, we can work towards a better future for all.

Stacy Gumula

Associate Director | Texas Tech University | https://www.linkedin.com/in/stacygumula/

• egypthntr
    egypthntr ✭✭✭
    Options

I would interview Vint Cerf and Robert Kahn, the inventors of the Internet. I am curious to hear their thoughts on how the Internet has progressed, what their expectations were and their thoughts on the current status.

This discussion has been closed.