Sharing or Conversations, Attachments, Etc. side panels in the way? Temporary Fix.

Options
cbsarge
cbsarge ✭✭✭✭
edited 10/02/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

I had a user at our company complain to me about the Sharing panel taking up too much real estate while on his laptop. He also expressed annoyance at being unable to hide the Conversations, Attachments, Etc. panel and having it stay hidden. I put together this simple Chrome Extension (works in the Edge browser too) that adds a couple check boxes to the Smartsheet screen that lets you hide those panels. I used something called localstorage (kind of like a cookie) to store the state of the check box so it will remain set when you return to the page. It's using CSS to set the display of the panels to "none" - that's it. No data of any kind is being gathered and the extension is completely free. This is a temporary solution until Smartsheet gives us a built in way to hide the panels. I hope some of you find it useful. 🙂

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hide-smartsheet-side-pane/ajlfpfhfpochdjjhngiodjonppehoibh?hl=en-US&authuser=0