Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Tabs!!

Options

My team and I are having an absolute blast at Smartsheet ENGAGE! It is impressive and exciting to hear about all of the new features coming to smartsheet soon. If my team and I had a magic wand we would request tabs within sheets to allow for the ability to create a workbook (different/specific data per each tab).

Thank you for the great event smartsheet!!

29 votes

On Radar · Last Updated

While supporting tabs is not part of our current plan, we appreciate you sharing this idea. Please keep commenting on this and other ideation posts that interest you!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/21/22
    Options

Hi @Gabby Shavey

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you looked at WorkApps? You could use it similarly.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Natasha P
    Options

I have to create extremely large orders for multiple departments and the one main thing that Excel has that Smartsheet does not is Tabs on one sheet. This would eliminate me having to have multiple sheets with the same order for different departments / extremely lengthy sheet orders (with a ridiculous amount of columns). Please please add a tabs option, it would make my job a whole lot more organized and would not just impact my work flow but multiple departments.

• laura.sandoval
    Options

One of our biggest issues in getting people to use SmartSheets is the use of tabs in the sheet, similarly to Google Sheets or Excel.

I am having an issue getting people onboard because they are used to what they already know (change is hard) and the ease of the tabs and having multiple sheets to access easily. Could this be added?

• Kavita
    Kavita ✭✭
    Options

Add tabs to the bottom of a worksheet. This will help with separating and organizing data, so it is easier to read and share.

• PS_NBecker
    Options

Our team uses multiple SmartSheets for our deployments. It is challenging to get customers to sign in and update one SmartSheet, so needing to use multiple SmartSheets is even more challenging. It would be so helpful to have the option to build out multiple tabs within a SmartSheet to combine & organize all documentation required for a project. The only other option is an extremely long SmartSheet or multiple SmartSheets. Please consider this product enhancement.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrée Starå - I understand the Marketing Aspect in your suggestion, but please keep in mind, you are asking us to trust the program enough to "UPGRADE" our accounts in order to use a service that is free in almost all your competitors already. If you have Enterprise, then yes, WorkApps is the ideal path, but most of us asking about features or add-ons are on our Companies Accounts, and have little to no control with convincing them to upgrade just so we can have a feature that should be included in the Paid Smartsheet Accounts.

Right now, we had tested the new "Workspace Solution Panel " and it was great, but unless they launch it soon for all of us to use, the Tabs would be the better way to go (IMO).

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️