Forms Security Setting

Options
nkrasow1
nkrasow1
edited 01/25/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello, I have created a form in Smartsheet. I want to provide the link on a SharePoint site. I only want a limited number of people to have access to this new form. I don't want everyone who has access to the SharePoint site to have access to the form. What can I use in the security settings to get the desired outcome?

Best Answer

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @nkrasow1 , one approach is to create a subsite with unique permissions enabled. Within that subsite, create a page in which you can embed your Smartsheet form. Your users may have access to the top-level SharePoint site, but they will not have access to the subsite with the page unless specifically granted permissions.

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi, @nkrasow1 , one approach is to create a subsite with unique permissions enabled. Within that subsite, create a page in which you can embed your Smartsheet form. Your users may have access to the top-level SharePoint site, but they will not have access to the subsite with the page unless specifically granted permissions.

• nkrasow1
    Options

Thank you for your answer. If the link is shared, then anyone can input into their answers into the form?

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If the link is shared, then anyone can input into their answers into the form?

Yes. But to truly "lock down" the page, you will need to create new groups for the sub-site; remove the top-level site's groups (from permissions to the sub-site); and then add users to the sub-site groups as needed so that they can access the form's page.

That said, you can get away with NOT creating a sub-site with unique permissions if folks can be trusted not to share the link to the web page that contains the embedded form (or if unauthorized users getting a hold of the page URL is not going to be a critical issue). Simply create the web page; embed the form; and share the URL to the page as needed and instruct those folks not to pass-on the URL.