email notification

Options

I would like to set up my orientation registration smartsheet to send an automatic email to the person submitting the registration form confirming the date of the orientation. I do not want to share the sheet with everyone completing the form. I have a contact list column (this is who should receive the email) and an orientation date column that I will populate once the registration is submitted. Is there a way to send an automatic email notification to the person on the contact list once the orientation date is updated?

Answers

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this is fairly easy to do. You'll probably want to use the popular automation template "Alert someone when specific criteria are met".

Trigger: When the orientation date column changes. (And keep: run workflow when triggered.)

Alert someone: Change the "Send to specific people" to the "Send to contacts in a cell" option, and select the contact list column that contains the attendee's email address.

Then "Customize message", enter the email subject and email body message, and change the "Message includes" to "Message only". You can insert the orientation date answer into the message using the column name surrounded by {{ }}.