Community Corner Newsletter [May 2024]

Options
Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin

Hello everyone! It’s Arsineh from the Smartsheet Community team. It’s been an active month on Community and there’s so much I’m excited to share with you. In case you missed it, check out the April Newsletter by Rebeca to discover some newly introduced Smartsheet badges and topics and get a peek at Rebeca’s beautiful pottery art. 

With no further ado here are a few highlights from the Smartsheet Community... and if you make it to the end you'll see photos from some recent travel adventures. ⬇️

Community highlights

Help us welcome some of our newest Member introductions in Show & Tell or look through the Trending section for more ways to connect.

Say hello to these Community Members 👋🏻

1. @Isis Taylor here
  2. @virgh here
  3. @More1 here
  4. @Prime George here
  5. @ygraham here

You can find more new members and say hello here.

Popular ideas & feature requests (reviewed by the Product Team)!

What’s it going to be? Head to the Smartsheet Product and Ideas Topic to share and vote on ideas.

---

Community updates

In Case You Missed It (ICYMI)

NEW Government Topic

Explore the newest addition to Industry Talk

May Question of the Month

Share your answer by May 31

SmartStories

Check out our new video series celebrating Community voices

Upcoming Smartsheet User Groups

Smartsheet named Community of the year 🥳

Learn about the award & celebrate with us!

Community Job Board

Share Smartsheet-related work opportunities or find a new position

Brand Collective Podcast

Check out the latest episode, featuring Overachiever @Sara_Cook!

Have you completed your Community profile? You can now include your industry! 😎

---

Pass the mic 🎤 Community Champions

Community Champions are members who demonstrate product expertise and generosity in sharing best practices and support with others on the platform.

"I started as I suppose most do in Community, by searching for topics and answers from others. I was amazed by the people who jumped in and offered solutions on how to solve problems. The elegance and complexity of these solutions opened the door for me in terms of what I could do."

- @Neil Watson, Manager Manufacturing Technologies at Orora (Learn more about Neil in his Member Spotlight)

---

Member Appreciation

See Activity feed for more

This month's leaderboard

1. @kaelynh
  2. @tcfd1166
  3. @Paul Newcome
  4. @Miro Yordanov
  5. @Andrée Starå

Member spotlight

@Monique_Odom_Comcast Here

---

Overachiever's Motivation Mix

The Smartsheet Overachievers are here to give you the songs that will keep you going and keep you achieving! Here’s what’s on the playlist right now.

Stevie Nicks, “Rooms on Fire” 

“‘Rooms on Fire’ by Stevie Nicks motivates me to embrace a little short-term chaos and burn down methods, flows, and processes that are no longer serving me. It inspires me to review and assess my original plans and look at what can be refined and improved after gaining more experience with a specific project. It's thrilling to find new ‘magic all around me’ and ignite it into my Smartsheet systems!”

- Meredith Albers (@malbers), Technical Project Manager at Oden Institute for Computational Engineering and Sciences, First Year Overachiever 

---

More about me:

One of the things I love to do is travel and celebrate our differences and similarities. Earlier this year I had a chance to visit Japan (a place I’ve wanted to visit for a long time and now eagerly wait to revisit). Going to a local baseball game and taking a river boat were among some of my favorite memories. 

More close to home, I recently traveled to Texas to view a solar eclipse. As day turned to night and then day again it was beautiful watching nature react – and most of all getting to share that moment with my family. 

Looking forward to hearing about your travel adventures too.

---

Give us your feedback

Have ideas for the next Community Corner? Leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Note: Unfollow this Topic if you'd no longer like to receive alerts. We'll miss you!

Comments

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for another great update!

The pictures from your travels are beautiful. I would love to go to Japan. I can't even imagine.

Super excited for the User-Created Dashboard Color Schemes!

• CAS the CSA
    Options

Capture and calculate time.

• CAS the CSA
    Options

Enable find in mobile.

• roconnellTFS
    Options

Color schemes and @'ing people are cool features, but Smartsheet is not a viable option for data management in regulated spaces until:

1. Backups are more easily automated (Can't you just make a Data Shuttle checkbox to prevent replacement of previous exports instead of the old export being deleted every time?)

2. Exports that include attachments automatically reconcile attachments to the rows they're associated with instead of just dumping them in another folder (we are manually reconciling dozens of attachments every month by renaming them to add the row number)

These aren't just quality of life requests. They are making me hesitate before recommending this platform to other teams as a solution because these flaws create unnecessary compliance risks.

Thanks for hearing this concern.

• Yulichka
    Options

Great post @Arsineh! Thank you for sharing!

• Will Duplex
    Will Duplex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think it's cool that we've added different categories of communities (like Government) to the greater community. It's easy to see the benefit of being able to quickly connect with folks who are part of a shared industry when discussing product use and solutions.