Enable Workflow Automation Repetitions

Hello Smartsheet community. I have created a workflow automation that will email a custom message to the contact(s) in a specified cell. This workflow must initially trigger when:

1. There is a change in a cell, in this case "Lifecycle Status"
  2. When two days have elapsed since the cell change.

If the notified user does not complete the associated work, then they should receive a follow-up email daily until they resolve the task. The issue I encountered is that the daily follow-up email is not being generated.

I would appreciate if the community can review my workflow automation and offer feedback on the updates required for it to function as desired. Thank you!

Answers

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My initial solution comes with 3 automations, maybe somebody can think of a more efficient way. But I'd set it up like this:

1. Trigger the update request when Lifecycle Status changes to DEVIATION ASSESSMENT
    2. Trigger a "Record a Date" automation when Lifecycle Status changes to DEVIATION ASSESSMENT
      1. Create a formula for "Days Since Initial Trigger" =NETDAYS([Triggered Date]@row, TODAY()) - 1
    3. Make a custom date trigger for every day with two conditions of when "Days Since Initial Trigger" is greater than 2 and "Requested Update" is not blank.

It might be a bit messier, but that's my first thought. This would also prevent the "Last Modified" date from being triggered on anything else in the row, delaying the 2-day delay automation.

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Hi @Jason Tarpinian,

Thank you for the response, I am trying to put this into effect now but I am having trouble with step #2.

I created the column with the formula you provided, but how would I setup the "Triggered Date" reference? What column would that be pointing to?

• Jason Tarpinian
    Jason Tarpinian ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The automation set up would look something like this:

Jason Tarpinian - Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner