September Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• My day always seems to start with calls and things that just "come up" during the day. Around 3pm is when things start to calm down and I can actually get work done. Being able to have my music going instead of being on calls is what gets me motivated. I love being able to click away on all my Smartsheets to knock things off the list and get all the other Sheets updated, it soothes my soul!

• I don't have a fixed time of day in which I work best. I find if I'm not getting anywhere on a problem, going for a run or walk in the woods where I live often helps me get those Eureka moments…so many times my mind has been wandering whilst out plodding and suddenly the answer pops in my head. My other moments of having new ideas is when I meet up with my colleagues during our quarterly 2 day team meet ups. I'm a homeworker working around my kids school day down in Hertfordshire whilst my colleagues are all up in Scotland. So I only meet up face to face with my colleagues those 4 times a year…and after 2 full days with them I always come away with a ton of new ideas to go play with…they are such inspiring days with them and always look forward to them.

• DebRichardson
    DebRichardson ✭✭✭✭

My mind works the best in the morning. I have the quite time to think and reflect on what needs to be done. Focus on the urgent items and organize the day's needs.

Deborah L. Richardson

Research Admin Coordinator

Clinical Trial Office

Tel (603) 308-9642 | Deborah.l.richardson@hitchcock.org

Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center

• rshelnutt
    rshelnutt ✭✭✭✭

I feel I am at my most productive in the afternoon when my office is a little quieter and the rush and fires of the morning are behind me.

• AK_Snow
    AK_Snow ✭✭

My best ideas come when I'm actively engaged in learning. As I'm learning new things I'm constantly figuring out how I can apply it to a project I'm working on, or an idea for the future. My notes from class take up one side of my notebook (yes… old school) and my ideas and random thoughts take up the other side. Then after the webinar or course is over, I set to playing with the sparks of creativity.

Ann Pierce | Process Improvement, Quality Coordinator

Dena'inaq ełnen’aq' gheshtnu ch'q'u yeshdu | I live and work on the land of the Dena’ina

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

After lunch when I am fully awake lol. typically after lunch is wen my day starts to slow down enough to fully engage my brain.

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Project Manager, GE Aerospace

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• My mind works best after drinking coffee and getting some fresh air (long walk or just a brief walk outside for a deep breath). This could be first thing in the morning, late afternoon, or evening. The combo of those two things tells me to clear my mind and get ready to focus/put forth some energy.

• My mind generally works best after my morning coffee and when I'm working on something new or problem solving.

• I come up with the best solutions in the shower.

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely doing my best work with some headphones on early in the morning in my office. When I was building my office, I made sure to sond proof the walls! I love my office set up!

• SueinSpain
    SueinSpain ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm filling this in at 4 minutes to midnight UK time so definitely feel I am a nightime person. It takes me a while to get going in the morning but really feed off others for their enthusiasm and coffee first thing (I'm not an early morning grump I hope).
    If I have a problem I'll often wake up at 2-3am with an ah ha moment and just hope I remember it in the morning - I've tried writing my solution down in the early hours but cannot read what I've written in the light of day.

To all those early morning people - thank you for getting me jump started

To all you night owls - welcome to my world

p.s. I work 7.30am to 4pm so 7.30-8.30am is my admin time to get me started :)

Sue Rogers

AmerisourceBergen - MWI Animal Health

Business Analyst

• Kathy N
    Kathy N ✭✭✭

Definitely in the morning. Early. Pre-dawn through full sunrise. There is just something about the light coming into the world that stirs my best work.

• Kathy N

• Ashley Ferguson
    Ashley Ferguson ✭✭✭✭

My mind best operates in the morning and when I have physical and mental space to accomplish clear tasks. However, I'm a pretty old school Millennial and Iike being in the office versus working remotely. I need the office environment to put me in that "get it done" mode. Also, since I don't have an office, I have plenty of playlists, audiobooks, and podcasts to keep me in my atmosphere.

Ashley Ferguson, PMP

IS Project Manager | St. Joseph’s/Candler

http://linkedin.com/in/ashley-ferguson-399396a

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm never more productive than the night before before a deadline! 🤣 I am more productive in the afternoon, and especially in the evenings. I try to schedule my meetings in the morning so that I have the afternoon to get any assigned action items completed.

Additionally, if I'm stuck on a problem, I usually figure out the best solutions when I'm doing something mindless. When I'm in the shower, cooking, washing dishes, etc.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My mind works best when it is most inconvenient for me.

Somewhere I have nothing to write on or with? Deep asleep finally? Splitting firewood? Driving? Working on the truck?

There was something that I had been mulling over for at least a year, and the idea that solved it came when I was staring at the coffee pot waiting on it to brew. Que the half-asleep sprint up the stairs to the office to scribble it down on the dry erase board and the coffee that went forgotten until lunchtime as a result…