September Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• J_QQ
    J_QQ ✭✭

I find I'm most productive early in the morning at home. My optimal routine starts around 6 AM with brief planning and meditation, followed by a short walk. This combination of organization, mindfulness, and light exercise creates an ideal environment for clear thinking and problem-solving. It's a productive start that prepares me for the day's challenges. I'm curious to hear about others' peak performance times and routines.

#creativefirst

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely in the shower. I'll be hurrying to dry off, so I can run and write down my thoughts.

• I work best mid-morning, then again at mid-afternoon (10am-12pm; 5pm-7pm).

So I make lists of work to churn out during the other times, and then crank it out during my productive times. I would love to get a 10am-7pm schedule… now to convince my boss. LOL

I need a quiet but sunny place to work most productively. :) But a little low background music (classical, jazz, bluegrass, etc) is appreciated.

• sdunham
    sdunham ✭✭✭

I find myself interesting because I learn how some people are morning people and others are night owls. I feel like I'm neither one of these types. My mind is fully energized mid-morning when I've started to move my body and went through all my morning routine. However, I must say that I think whenever I am excited about something whether at work or outside of work, I feel instantly energized and ready to take on anything!

• Almonto1
    Almonto1 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 09/04/24

My mind works best when I take care of my body first😊 It's all too easy to get swept up in work and deprioritize your physical and mental health when things get busy- something I'm certainly guilty of! But recently I've tried to shift my thinking from:

"Have I done enough work to deserve some rest?"

to

"Have I rested and nourished myself enough to do my most meaningful work?"

If you liked my comment, consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

• Best work comes in the mornings after plenty of coffee. This is when I'm most focused, but obviously the project/task needs to be one that I'm passionate about.

• Cardell
    Cardell ✭✭

My mind works best in a space with background noise. Cannot focus if the room or area is quiet. My mind needs something like a radio or TV going in the background. I find myself not listening to the background sounds but focusing in on what I am doing.

Not totally sure why. Perhaps it stems from growing up in a big family.🙄

• joelsmit94161
    joelsmit94161 ✭✭✭✭

I do some of my best thinking when I am on my feet. That could be standing at my desk or going for a quick walk.

• NRJW53
    NRJW53 ✭✭✭

At home during late morning early afternoon. I can hit a full day's grind between 10am-2pm just chilling at home.

• dminenna
    dminenna ✭✭✭

My mind definitlely works best in the morning - straight through to lunch. I do suffer a mental lull after lunch and into mid-afternoon - but that can usually be rectified listening to a peppy Disney playlist. Don't ask me why……but Disney songs provide a type of white noise that seems to put some pep back in my mental step.

• Jay DeLuca
    Jay DeLuca ✭✭✭

Exercise helps me immensely, even if it's a short walk outside. If I ever hit a wall with Smartsheet, particularly formulas, a walk does wonders for my productivity. Once I am back, I tend to operate at peak levels for a few hours.

• Working on a graduate degree on nights and weekends, I liked a wide table/desk, a notepad and pen, a laptop, and noise-cancelling headphones playing music without lyrics (synthwave anyone?). It was great for productivity and retention.

• TimMelton
    TimMelton ✭✭✭✭

It used to be first thing in the morning for me.. but now, as I age I find I can feel my creativity flowing if I take a break and let my mind think a bit.. get some of my best ideas when I actually take time. What a concept, huh?

• joey.w.razzano
    joey.w.razzano ✭✭✭✭

I may be aging myself a little but I find my solutions come best when I walk around (like old school MBWA - that's management by walking around for you young'uns) and I can see the process flow in my head so it allows me to sit down and go straight to building the solution!

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni