September Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

123457»

Comments

• OHS
    OHS ✭✭

I find that my mind works best in the morning, especially if listening to music. Am I the only one whose brain never really turns off? Over the years, I have learned that I often come up with solutions while sleeping. It is wonderful to wake up and know exactly what I need to do in order to address a challenge that has been frustrating.

• Erin Horiuchi Green
    Erin Horiuchi Green ✭✭✭✭✭

Mornings are about setting my intentions and that is exactly what the sounds of the ocean and yoga provide.

I am mentally prepared to absorb, adapt and respond to the daily influx of chaos in a respectful and productive manner.

Strategically scheduling in breaks to reduce eye strain and tunnel vision allows my body to reset throughout the day. Once again, sounds of the ocean and yoga.

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When and where do you feel your mind works the best? This is a good one!

For me, it differs on the day! Usually, the BEST ideas come when I can disconnect from all distractions. I have 3 teenagers so this is very difficult!

I need to put this into practice, but I find when I put music on and just go outside for a walk or a hike I always have a new clarity and come up with ideas I don't think would otherwise be possible.

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭✭

When and where do you feel your mind works the best?

This is a tough question for me. The "when" is definitely not before 11 am, and in a world of early-birds that is not ideal. The 'where' is also a challenge because it has more to do with circumstances (quiet enough, organized enough, fewer distractions) and therefore could be at home or at work depending on those conditions.

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

• Laura ZJ
    Laura ZJ ✭✭✭

I work best with no one else around, good music playing in my headphones, and a challenge in front of me!

It helps if I havemy three curved screens in front of me so I can look at what I'm working on in different stages. By looking at how things fit together, I can finish the journey to get the results I'm looking for.

• MMcLain
    MMcLain ✭✭✭✭✭

My mind works best when I am passionate about the project.

• I tend to work best in the two or three hours right before lunch, so maybe 9:00/10:00 - 12:00/1:00/2:00. I am not a morning person, although I do get a lot of ideas on my morning walks and record a lot of voice memos for myself during that hour in the morning. Those are more related to family things rather than work. I really try to separate my time thinking about work to the time I am actually there.

• Isis Taylor
    Isis Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cardell Background noise is a must for me as well.

Isis Taylor

Business Analyst Senior