Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Dropdown List Multiselect Feature Request

Options

Comments

• RickB
    Options

Please add my vote for this feature

• Faith Glass-Wilson
    Options

Yes, please add this!

• rkperry25391
    Options

Is there any motion forward on this feature directly thru Smartsheets.

Its been a long time since requested originally

just spent the entire day working with the suggested workarounds and its cumbersome

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

When at the Engage conference I asked this very question on behalf of all of us in the community, of the management team and while they could not offer  a date, they are working on it. 

In the meantime if this is a big issue we can create the required results by using Appsheet to manipulate Smartsheet which offers conditional Logic and a number of other benefits but while it is inexpensive it is not FREE. 

Happy to discuss ROI with anyone who can't wait? 

Regards

RichardR 

• avimit
    Options

Here is a multi-select drop down list 'How do do'. I created it just now:

http://www.vlsiip.com/exceltips.html

'enjoy

Aviral Mittal

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Aviral,

It looks like your solution is purely based in Excel.

This thread (and the community as a whole) focuses on solutions implemented using the Smartsheet application.

I wanted to make it clear for anyone that reads this: we currently don't have a way to create a multi-select dropdown list in Smartsheet. Please submit a Product Enhancement Request (using the form under Quick links on the right of the community site) to let our Product team know the demand for this feature.

• Penny Dunning
    Options

Shaine,

Are you saying that this request has never been submitted to the SmartSheet Development Team and you want each of us to submit it?  Guessing there will be a flurry of submissions as this a critical need.

Penny

• Jacque
    Options

I have definitely submitted it and I have mentioned it to my CSM and brought it up at Smartsheet Academy. I was told it was fairly complex but that at some point they would fix it. I hope that's true.

• Meritza Webb
    Options

I have submitted as well.  I got excited when I saw that someone had responded to the post.  I was hoping it was going to be good news.  Unfortunately, I’ve been waiting quite a while for this feature to be added.

• avimit
    Options

HI All, 

After going through the same pain, I created this solution.

http://www.vlsiip.com/exceltips.html

Kind Regards,

Aviral Mittal

avimit@yahoo.com

• Angie Hatfield
    Angie Hatfield ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Aviral,

I don't see how we can adapt this to use in Smartsheet. Have you figured that out?

Your step by step instructions are fantastic.

Thanks,

Angie

• SarahW
    Options

+1 large vote.  This will make project tracking, intake processes, and surveying work out of Smartsheet.  We understand the workaround option, but with other tools available here we are having trouble driving adoption of migration into Smartsheet on our 800 person team.

• slaflen17131
    Options

Would love to see this feature sooner than later as it causes us to have to create multiple columns get what we need. Love Smartsheet but REALLY need this feature.

-Steve

• Jemilah
    Jemilah ✭✭
    Options

Hi-

I see this request was made more than three years ago but seemingly hasn't been addressed. I'd like to then add-on to this request. While you guys are doing lots, this basic level of functionality really should be added - soon.

Thanks-

Jemilah Senter

Director of Marketing and Communications

Illinois Action for Children

• Meritza Webb
    Options

I'm very disappointed that this has not been addressed.  I'm wondering if they have gone through a leadership change.  We are also having issues getting our questions answered.  It has not always been that way.  My IT team wants to do away with the program and I've been fighting hard to keep it.  The complaints I'm getting from my colleagues are not working in my favor.

This discussion has been closed.