Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Dropdown List Multiselect Feature Request

Options

Comments

• Daniel Stein
    Options

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We are currently actively working on the ability to select multiple people and will look into multiple dropdown values as a next step. We don't yet have a specific ETA to share but should be able to share an update later this year.

In the meantime, any specific details you can share on how you are looking to use this capability will help to inform our planning. Are folks generally looking for multi-select dropdowns for use in Forms, or also in other places? For what sorts of scenarios?

• Meritza Webb
    Options

Thanks Daniel.

Yes, I primarily need this function for use in Forms.

• Michelle Neale
    Options

Hi Daniel,

I'm brand new to Smartsheet and already looking for this feature. In my case, I'm using a basic grid for customer data, with a column for "Products" with a dropdown list.  As most customers use more than one product a multi-selection picklist is ideal, and much less cumbersome than individual columns for each product.

Thank you!

• My need is similar to Michelle above.  I often have fields in a sheet where I want the option to select multiple items.

• Add my vote for this feature please.

• amy.c-t
    Options

Our organization is also in need of a Dropdown List Multiselect option. Is there an update available on when this feature will be released?

• Gwen Rymill SBP
    Gwen Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The ability to better manipulate Dropdown Lists is a popular request from our Smartsheet clients.

Our latest solutions satisfy two very different requirements - see more about our Smarter Dropdown List Manager and Conditional Logic for Dropdown Lists https://www.smarterbusinessprocesses.com/dynamic-lists/

• ricki
    ricki ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Does this mean that you are planning for the multiselect in a future release?

• adamsker44426
    Options

I too cannot believe that this is not possible and am very disappointed.

I tried using the suggested workaround using forms and encountered a different issue: I accidentally chose the wrong field type (I wanted it to be a checkbox but it defaulted to text). How do I delete a field so I can recreate it with the same name?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Adam,

You don't need to delete it only change the type. 

Best,

Andrée Starå - Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting 

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• kylestenson.bb
    Options

This is essential to my team's potential usage of Smartsheet. Airtable does this very well. Though this would help in forms, we need this functionality just for grid view, too. 

So, the suggestions of using Google Forms or Separating multiple choices by a comma are either not applicable or not reasonable.

I use multi-select for identifying: Partnership Levels, Market, Product Integrations, Account Teams, Solution Types, Website Listings, Available Marketing Benefits, Events Attending, Years Sponsored, Key Selling Months, etc.

• Ailsa
    Ailsa
    edited 03/04/19
    Options

Really need this "Multiselect" function, it is essential for my team to build the approval processes for the whole company.

I can't believe it, it has been four years since this issue was raised, and so far still no any changes.

• Kara Lumley
    Options

Hi everyone, 

I'm pleased to announce that the Multi Select Dropdown project is in development. 

Thank you for the passion, and thanks for the patience.

Kara

• kingj27671
    Options

Kara;

Thank you for the update.  Do you have a date for when this will be available?

Thank you

John

This discussion has been closed.