Share sheet as a copy - Consolidation

Paul Bureau
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello everyone,

Starting with Smartsheet, I don't find any documentation about distributing a new and unique sheet to collaborators.

The idea is :

• I build a main spreadsheet, and I want multiple collaborators to fill this sheet individually
  • I want to keep track of all the status of certain indicators for each collaborators
  • I then would like to consolidate the data into my main spreadsheet (basically a sum of values)

I did find success using a workspace and manually create a new sheet from a template for my collaborators, then consolidate the data thanks to a Report.

However, if I change my template, I have no way to automate the create new / share sheets part of the process. Any idea on this?

Thank you and please let me know if this is not clear (French here!).

BR,

Paul BUREAU

Comments

• Jim Hook
    Jim Hook ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Paul, I'm not 100% sure what data the others have to enter but it might work better to use webforms that the users fill out and submit which would cause their data to automatically come into your combined sheet where you can process the data. You would still need to edit the webform to accommodate more or less data if your format changes but one webform could be shared with all users. There is no way that Smartsheet can automatically create new sheets for your other users when tings change.

• Jim,

thank your for your answer. However, for a complex and large spreadsheet I doubt a web form could fit my needs.

A more global question would be : is there a way to help me duplicate / share a sheet massively ?

Thanks again,

Paul.