Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Viewable to all?

Options
Victoria Rollins
Victoria Rollins ✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts
One of the ways our team uses SmartSheet is to maintain customer training records, which are frequently referenced by other departments in our company. These all live in workspace, and I added as many users as I could identify when it was created. However, there are new requests all the time! I know SmartSheet doesn't support the "anyone can view" permission  as a link, and I don't want to publish the actual sheets anwhere. Howevver, I can easily add groups to the sharing list. We use the a team group to do manage permissions this way often, and it's so much easier. I was looking for a full enterprise group, and noticed that one does not exist, although it would be immensely helpful in easily publicizing or sharing sheets.

I looked at creating one, but it's difficult to populate the group with the names of everyone at our company. Does anyonr know of a way you can do this automatically, or if SS is able to from their end? I'm thinking a group that is "All active enterprise accounts", and is either dynamic (updating as soon as someone activates their account.) Or there be a step added to the On/Off-boarding tickets to update group.

Limiting the dropdown in the add members doesn't really help - I can still only select one user at a time. 

Comments

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

A Really simple way to do this is to select the share button then either select from the "my smartsheet Contacts" ( your inner team) or from "Contacts" (Your outer team) . Input your own url and all the people you may want to share with will appear as a list. 

Good Luck 

RichardR 

• Victoria Rollins
    Options

Thanks Richard! I was hoping to avoid adding all 1500+ people individually...

• Richard Rymill SBP
    Richard Rymill SBP ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Victoria

I preseume you have an Enterprise License, so you will also have an allocated Smartsheet Client manager for your account. I suggest you talk it through with them because i'm sure there is a better way for you with those numbers and they are best placed to advise you.

If that doesnt unearth a solution let me know and our team will take a look for a good workaround.?

Good luck.

RichardR 

• Kate French
    edited 06/16/16
    Options

Hi Victoria, as an Enterprise customer, you would have a Customer Success representative, and they should be able to help you out with this! I'll reach out to you directly with their email. Smile

This discussion has been closed.