Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Contacts and Web forms

Guy Buschmann
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi Everyone, 

I am relatively new to smartsheets and there are two things I have been trying to work out adn for the life of me can not find the information to show how its done. 

The first is having a field aut populate based on picking a contact

e.g Contact name = Gary Bee then the next cell should auto popolate with Gary Bee's email.

Can this be done?

Along the smae lines I would like to make a drop down list based on fields on another sheet and then also have a secondary field update. (Same as lookup, which I have found but can not find hwo to make the list)

I am also trying to find out on web forms how I can have information auto populate for a contact.

e.g.  I am creating a maintenance log and want to be able to select a contact that is already in my contact list. 

I can't however get the form to look for the data live and I am worried if someone doesnt enter the contact details correctly then the information wont be linked to the customer and also make it harder for reporting. 

Comments

This discussion has been closed.