Welcome to the Smartsheet Online Community!

Welcome to the New Smartsheet Online Community

You’ll notice that things have changed a bit. If you need help getting oriented, please take a look at the posts here in the Welcome to the Community category.

Here in the Community, you can interact with other Smartsheet customers to get help and share best practices. 

All posts and comments are monitored by Smartsheet employees, our moderators, to ensure that answers are accurate, helpful, and appropriate. Moderators have the right to remove any discussion or post and ban users from the online Community who violate our guidelines or Terms of Use. If you spot a conversation that appears to go against our guidelines, please flag it and a moderator will review the post and take action. 

Create an account

In order to ask or answer a question or create a post in Community, you must first set up an account. 

To get started, sign in (use the Sign In with Smartsheet button in the upper-right corner of this page).You'll use the same credentials—email and password—in the online Community that you use in Smartsheet.

The first time you do this, you'll be prompted to connect your online Community account with your Smartsheet account. When you select Connect with Smartsheet, you will be prompted with an “Allow Access?” message. Click Allow to authorize the online Community to access your Smartsheet account.

NOTE: Authorizing the online Community to access your Smartsheet account is only for purposes of verifying your identity—it will not allow community members or Smartsheet personnel to read your sheets.

Personalize your experience and participate

Fill out your profile

To let others know a bit about your interests and expertise, you can customize your profile. (Note that only logged in Community members can see each others’ profiles.)

In the upper-right area of the online Community page, click Account Options > Edit Profile. To change or remove your picture, click Change My Picture on the left.

Participate in the discussions

Search the online Community for topics, browse the categories for questions and posts, filter for unanswered questions, or click the tags to see collections. Once you get a feel for the online Community, start asking and answering questions.

When you're signed in, you can start by clicking Ask a Question on the right side of the online Community page (below the categories listed, to the right of the Recent Discussions feed).

Frequently Asked Questions:

What are the Smartsheet Online Community Guidelines?

How do I ...

What is the function of the Moderation category on my profile?

What happens when I “Follow” a specific Category?

Error message: “Permission or Domain Denied”

Comments

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Genevieve,

Thanks!

Happy to be here and I'm looking forward to exploring more of the new community, but so far it's amazing.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

• Hi,

nice facelift!

But there is one thing that actually looks misleading to me.

The label "answered" next to many discussions gave me the impression, that the question raised has been "answered" in the sense of "solved". Obviously this is not the case.

If nobody else has been confused this way, ok. But you may consider to replace "answered" with "solved" (as seen in many discussion forums) and adjust its functionality to this meaning. I can see if someone has answered to the question by looking at the answer count ;-)

Greetings

Stefan

Projektmanagement Professional in Frankfurt am Main, Germany

• Hi,

more room for improvement.

Under "My Discussions" I would like to also see discussions where I participated. Right now it's not intuitive to find discussion where I posted something. Sure, there is a link in the notification eMail, but I'm already logged in to the community...

Greetings

Stefan

Projektmanagement Professional in Frankfurt am Main, Germany

• All past post history online is gone. All of these show up in a google search but when you click them they are all broken. Are all old posts gone?

@lhumphrey Everything is still here but some links are broken but if you search in the community you will find them.

Here's the archive from 2015-2017.https://community.smartsheet.com/categories/forumarchives.https://community.smartsheet.com/categories/forumarchives

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Best,

Andrée Starå

@lhumphrey Happy to help!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• edited 12/16/19

@Andrée Starå Thanks for weighing in! @lhumphrey We are currently working to update all past posts to redirect to our new community, so some links may still be in the process of being moved over.

In the meantime, you can use Community search to find any post you are looking for. 

We'll let you know once all redirects have been completed. 

• @lhumphrey One tip ... if you're looking for older posts, you can use Advanced search to find them. More here

@Stephanie Boulanger Happy to help!

Best,

Andrée Starå

• @lhumphrey All redirects should be resolved, so you should now be able to access old posts. Thanks!

• @Stefan 7k If you're looking for a record of every comment that you made, you'll find that on your profile page.

https://community.smartsheet.com/profile/comments/

I just took a look, and unfortunately the styles are not working correctly. So, it's not pretty, but it's functional. Working on pretty next! (Stay tuned.)

• @Stefan 7k Great feedback on the "answered" label. We are discussing with our development team a way to make that label more clear.

Please stay tuned!

• I can't seem to get access to ask/post a question. I previously had a 30 day free trial. I now have a NOAA government license. So I know my email address is kind of in your system twice. I

• @lauren.harte52286 Asking our Support team to take a look at what's going on. If you're able to post a comment (as you did here) it seems that you have write permissions to the system ...

• I didn't know if maybe since that/this is a general thread maybe you have commenting open even to non-registered.. or non-licensed users. But bottomline is I can't see that "button" to actually post a question. Thanks!

• Jaye TatoneJaye Tatone ✭✭✭✭✭

Excited to explore this new "facelift". Looks great so far!

• I have no "Ask a Question" option.....:(

I have a question to ask.....

Hi Pam,

@Pamb10

Is it these options you're looking for?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Best,

Andrée Starå

• Im not sure what I did differently, but the Ask a Question button is now showing. It definately was not showing earlier....

Thanks for the assist! :)

Excellent!

Happy to help!

Best,

Andrée Starå