Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Conditional Statements

Options
Divya Purnima
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi Everyone, 

I would like to as add formula to the start date and finish date of the task/project like, if the duration is less than 3days, the result will "rush fee applies" like a note.

And, another formula is for language services or any other; language checks box yes or no if I click on yes those languages will appear and other will hide.

Final one is for Budget I want to add a formula if the budget value is less than $5000.00 then It should send us alert. 

Can you please help us how to add formulas for the above 3 statements?

Comments

• Rod Finch
    Rod Finch
    edited 12/06/16
    Options

Hi Divya,

For the first formula, make a new column and enter =if(([end date]x - [start date]x)<3, "Rush fee applies") equation

For the second formula, make a new column and enter =if([language check box]x = 1, "Lauguage Service", "Any Other")

If there are multiple language check boxes, try to nest the if equation e.g. =if([language 1 check  box]x = 1, "Language 1 service", if([language 2 check box]x = 1, "Language 2 Service", ...)

And for the last one,

First, set up a flag symbol column and enter this equation in it "=if([budget value]x < 5000, 1, 0), this will result in getting a red flag when a budget is lower than $5,000.

And set up an alert with conditions "send *person(s)*" + "send immediately" + "when *flag column* changes".

x = row number

Hopefully that works.

• Divya Purnima
    edited 12/07/16
    Options

Thank you, Rod.

I'll input the formula and let you know.

• Divya Purnima
    edited 12/09/16
    Options

Hi 

I tried the formulas and it's not working.

Is there any way for this?

• Rod Finch
    Rod Finch
    edited 12/11/16
    Options

Hi Divya,

Can you tell me;

1. which equation(s) does not work; and

2. names of the columns?

And with the notification, if you make the changes, you will not get the notification (notification only works if someone else makes the change).

This discussion has been closed.