Roll out new automations through control center

Kyle Furner
Kyle Furner ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi there,

I'm wondering whether I can implement additional workflows by adding them to the source sheet for a template?

For example, I need to add an automation to all risk registers. If I add this to the template sheet for the risk register in the control center blueprint, can I then force this update to all risk registers created through that blueprint?

Or do I need to just add it manually to every single risk register (over 80 of them)?

I'm hoping this is possible through control center?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Kyle,

After you have edited your template in your blueprint, newly provisioned projects will include this automation, but there currently there isn't a way to use Global Updates in Control Center and add an automation to all current sheets. Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment!

Our Help Center article has more information on the types of elements you can push through Global Updates (see here).

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

Thanks for the reply. I assumed that was the case but thought I would check in with the community anyway.

I'll add this as an enhancement request. This type of feature would be a real value-add for control center. The PMO I work for services around 20 projects and as the maturity level of their sheets for schedule, risk, issues, finance etc increase, the maturity of the blueprint needs to increase as well.

Kyle

• is this still not possible?

with over 1000 projects in the wind at any given moment, it would be a nightmare to go into each and every sheet to adjust automations.

• SashaZ
    SashaZ ✭✭✭

I would love this capability. I'm realizing that as I move forward be good to have the ability to add an automation for files within existing control center projects. I can go back and add this for each instance, but this is super time comsuming. Obviously, I'll think of this for my next similar blueprint design.