Workflow Permission

Options

Hi Dear Community ;

i would like to learn about permission types of automatic workflow .As in the below picture , when i select Limited permission , when the person who will get the notification is same account with me ( i mean we are in same company) , could get otifications according to setted alerts from my automatic workflows ?

I created a workflow like that , even we are in same account with this person , system did not send my alert mail to this person .One more thig i did not share the sheet with this person but as far as i understood from "limited " type , if we are in same account that otificatio could be sent .What can be the reason that alert is not working ?

Thanks i advance for your kind supports

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Erhan_79

Yes, Limited permissions should allow you to send workflow notifications to users that are a part of your company's Smartsheet Plan. (See: Control Who Is Notified About Alerts and Requests).

This doesn't necessarily mean people who work at the same company as you. This is referring to people whose Smartsheet account is a member of your same Smartsheet plan. You can contact the System Admin for your company to check and see if the users you're sending notifications to are members of your plan, see: Manage Users in a Multi-User Plan

Do you receive an error that says the workflow is unable to send to this email? Can you ask the user to check and see if they received an alert in Smartsheet (the bell icon), just not the email? If they received an Alert in Smartsheet, this might mean the email went to their Spam folder (see: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet).

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to see screen captures of your workflow set up and of the sheet, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Erhan_79

Yes, Limited permissions should allow you to send workflow notifications to users that are a part of your company's Smartsheet Plan. (See: Control Who Is Notified About Alerts and Requests).

This doesn't necessarily mean people who work at the same company as you. This is referring to people whose Smartsheet account is a member of your same Smartsheet plan. You can contact the System Admin for your company to check and see if the users you're sending notifications to are members of your plan, see: Manage Users in a Multi-User Plan

Do you receive an error that says the workflow is unable to send to this email? Can you ask the user to check and see if they received an alert in Smartsheet (the bell icon), just not the email? If they received an Alert in Smartsheet, this might mean the email went to their Spam folder (see: Issue: Email Not Received from Smartsheet).

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to see screen captures of your workflow set up and of the sheet, but please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers!

Genevieve