Formstack pdf returned to Smartsheet

Scott Cornish
Scott Cornish ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Our current setup is Smartsheet information to Zapier to Formstack which emails the pdf to us. I would like to have the form sent back to Smartsheet, to cut out the email, & according to Formstack (Overview tab) it is completing this process however the form does not appear in my Smartsheet and I do not find that it has attached anywhere else. Do these need to be approved or set up by the Admin (I am neither) on one or either side in order for it to work or am I missing a step?

I am asking this question to both Smartsheet & Formstack...

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Scott Cornish

I'm not familiar with Formstack and how Zapier may work between Smartsheet and Formstack. I agree, from your image it looks like there should be a successful file upload on to one of your sheets as an attachment to a row.

As long as you have at least Editor permissions on the destination sheet, you should be able to successfully upload attachments.

Are you able to check the Activity Log (see here) for that sheet? Changes made through API or third party applications should still show in the Activity Log. It will be able to identify the row number that the attachment was uploaded to, in case it's coming in at a different location than expected.

Let me know if this has helped you find the upload!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Genevieve,

I have attached the Activity log from the date that I was attempting this setup. There is no indication that the Formstack attachment was received.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Scott Cornish

It's difficult for me to see what's happening from this file. You may want to reach out to Smartsheet Support directly so that you can provide screen captures and data through a private channel. If you send them the sheet's URL, screen captures of your Activity log, and date-stamps for when this attachment should have happened (including timezone) they can check the back end of your sheet to see if any integration successfully attached a file to your sheet or not.

However it sounds like there may be a disconnect between Zapier and Smartsheet, which may be due to a setting or configuration from Zapier (or Formstack). If this is the case, Smartsheet Support may not be able to resolve the issue. I'd be interested to know if you've received a response from your other post, or if any other member has a different suggestion.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Scott Cornish
    Scott Cornish ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thank you. I will try that...