Permissions

Cheryl Collins
Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi

I have an automation on a sheet that will ask for an update when a line item is due. Will the person assigned to the task receive the automation and be able to update, via the email form if the sheet has not been shared with them, or do they have to have the sheet shared with them to receive the notification and be able to provide an update?

Thanks

Cheryl

Best Answer

Answers

• Heather Duff
    Heather Duff ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Cheryl Collins ,

Yes! People do not have to be licensed users or shared with the sheet to respond to an update request.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Heather

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Heather Bell

Thanks for the response but, it didn't really answer my question, sorry.

I know that you don't need to be a licenced user to be able to update a sheet my question was, if an action is allocated to someone, with whom the sheet is not shared with, can they still receive the automation and will they be able to provide the requested update via the form contained in the email or, does the sheet have to be shared with them in order for this to be possible?

Thanks

Cheryl

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Cheryl Collins

I hope you're well and safe!

Depending on your Automation Permission, you can send an automated Update Request to anyone, and they don't need to be shared to the sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Cheryl Collins
    Cheryl Collins ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå

I'm good thanks, I hope you are too.

I've set my automation permissions to unrestricted so, that should do it. It's not currently working so, I will do a bit more digging but, just wanted to check it wasn't a permissions thing. It may be user error, I need to work through the problem with them properly but, thanks so much, as ever, for your help 😊