April Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• Stevey C
    Stevey C ✭✭✭
    Options

I would learn to speak Polish fluently; my wife is Polish and being able to effectively communicate with all her friends and family would mean the world to me.

They are lovely and very welcoming always trying their best to include me, However, from experience, the older generation have the least English but the most interesting experiences & knowledge e.g. family secrets for making / curing sausages, Bigos, cakes. 😋

- N.B. I plan to do this anyways, however so far definitely a lot of failure as learning languages is not my forte and Polish is another level.

• Janelle
    Janelle ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I could do anything and not fail at it, I would start a business where people could stop in and make a craft of their choice and if they wanted to they could leave it for someone to buy. I love creating crafts and I think others would love to be able to stop in and try different crafts and see if they would sell.

• jaimelynn0814FEB
    Options

Oh man! This really has my brain spinning. I have always wanted to write a book about the hurdles, roadblocks, experiences I encountered as a young mother trying to avoid being a 'statistic'. I wanted to prove that you never had to give into what society believed about us. In doing so however, I may have pushed myself too hard and fallen into other 'traps' trying to find relief from the never-ending pressures that come with being both a mother and (as best I could) the father for my child. I want others to learn from my mistakes and my successes. I also wanted to be able to recognize (in writing, forever) those who helped me along the way (and who continue to do so).

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I had unlimited disposable income and the power to prevent anyone from stopping me (red tape), I would invent the cloaking software for our military as well as our future production of spaceships (lol, I watch too much Marvel and Star Wars / Star Trek movies). Currently (at least what we are allowed to know, lol), the military does not currently use invisibility cloaks. While there has been research and development in the area of cloaking technology, such as adaptive camouflage and stealth technology, true invisibility cloaking we see in movies has not been successfully developed for military use.

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• PM_Reeves
    PM_Reeves ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I knew I couldn't fail, I would try to fail. I think you'd learn more than from guaranteed success.

Would that then be treated as a success, or as a failure?

'I've only ever been wrong once, and that's when I thought I was'

• BPT_Solomon
    Options

If I could do anything and not fail at it, that would have to be creating a video game or 3D model studio. Creating 3D models of characters and assets on Maya and Zbrush has been a passion of mine, and I still do it in my spare time when I get the chance.

I would love to have this passion of mine be my actual job. It's so much fun to have an idea or a character design in your head and see it come to life, metaphorically speaking.

Then, adding animations and textures to the model or asset is the final icing on the cake, watching everything come together like the original idea you had in your head, or even better than it.

• Prime George
    Options

My dream may not be big but I would love to run the company I am currently at. I think it would put me in a bracket where I could comfortably take care of my wife and SEVEN kids! I may even still have the opportunity to actually try this and I will not accept failure!

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Trying out something already knowing I would not fail at, is a game half won. I’m not so sure about others but I won’t be too excited to start such a thing because then I’ll have very little left to learn or overcome a fear.

I have been an introvert all my life and becoming a people/projects manager was way, way out of my comfort zone. But once I started working on my weaker side, I learnt to break out of the shell. Was it incredibly challenging and intense; yes but equally fulfilling and rewarding.

At the end, I can only say I would love to try something I know I may or may not fail at but I will give all I have to win 🤩

(sorry for the long post) :-)

Best,

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Colemcgu
    Colemcgu ✭✭✭
    Options

Knowing I wouldn't fail? I would retire today knowing I would have enough money to retire and live comfortably in a tropical paradise with a cold drink, blue skies, refreshing breeze and lapping waves!

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd start a cooking school. Not one of the fancy, hoity-toity ones. Something that supports date nights, parent & child activities, basic stuff for those who never learned, and more advanced stuff for those that want to jazz things up a bit.

Either that or making a living building rocking chairs, kayaks, and canoes by hand in an old barn.

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would definitely try Wingsuit flying, possibly the closest a human can get to feeling what it’s like to truly fly.

''It is this paradoxical combination of breaking free from earthly constraints while being umbilically tied to the forces of the natural world that makes wingsuiting such a transcendent experience.'' - Skydiving Planet

… I could never do it as I am scared of heights (I suffer from vertigo), it would be a certain fail in many ways.

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Radio/Podcasts

I've always loved the idea of being a radio talk show host talking about things of interest to me and/or items that grind my gears. With Podcasts becoming a massive success and everyone having them, that'd be another route for a similar forum. Maybe what this world needs is a Smartsheet Podcast or maybe there's one out there that I'm not aware of.

• ygraham
    ygraham ✭✭
    Options

I would become a digital nomad with my family, traveling and working on the road while providing awe inspiring experiences along the way!

• Erika Sajdak
    Options

I would attempt to foster real human connection in an online community!

• Caroline Elliott
    Options

It's taken me awhile (most of April!) so….I would love to write a bestseller and open a small Cafe/Bookstore. Oh the joy of great coffee and a good book!

This discussion has been closed.