Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Record of workflow alerts

Options

Smartsheet doesn't have a way to see if the email was sent, to whom the email was sent and what was the email that has been sent. We can only see when the workflow last run and work on blind faith that it actually was successful. Only to find out weeks later people aren't receiving the alerts, and there isn't a reason why they wouldn't be.

27 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• 1AMJED1
    1AMJED1 ✭✭
    Options

I have the same issue. Before enabling an automation, I need to test it to ensure it works. While you can test with the run now and set the notifications to go to yourself, you can't see exactly what is happening in the workflow to debug it. I have a workflow now that I cannot figure out why the emails are not triggering when the workflow says it has run successfully. Having some way to view the log of the workflow run and be able to see what criteria passed/failed would be very helpful.

• benisnotfunny
    Options

I love this idea, and I don't love my workaround, but it works for now. I have my contact info populated in a row with every submission and set all notifications to copy me, so I see when things do or don't send. However, this is not optimal because they become too numerous, so I'm going to discontinue it after the pilot is over.

Anyway, my comment in support of the idea proposed here is that a 'last run' audit trail of each step in the workflow is visible somewhere so that I can see something like:

1. Date trigger - Successful
    2. Condition 1 - Successful
    3. Condition 2 - Successful
    4. Condition 3 - Not Met
    5. Notification not sent

In this way we can see that maybe Condition 3 is the problem, or that Condition 3 is necessary and not being sent is exactly what we want. Etc. Etc.

• LaurenLong
    LaurenLong ✭✭✭
    Options

This would be great! Currently trying to find a way to prove someone was notified via automated email. An activity log would be fabulous!

• Ban
    Ban ✭✭✭
    Options

Totally agree we should be able to see this in an activity log!