Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Embed form in an automated email

Macorne
Macorne âś­âś­âś­âś­

I would like to be able to embed a form in an automated email that is sent out to people once a week, so that I can request status reports. I would like to use this, instead of an update request, so that I can have a historical record of previous status and comments.

Embedding the form will improve the user experience, especially for Project Owners who are not as familiar with Smartsheet. Lets be honest - Execs will take any excuse not to fill out a survey. Having to click a link that doesn't contain good information about where it is taking you can look like a scam - especially when it is not coming from an email within your network.

22 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Lyn C
    Lyn C âś­âś­

The question about embedding a form has been asked several times, but I have not seen any responses on a solution. Does Smartsheet monitor these questions to assist in resolutions? I would really like to to utilize this functinality.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Lyn C

Thank you for commenting and Voting on this Idea post!

The Product team reviews the top voted posts each month to gather customer feedback and provide a status update on the most popular ideas.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Matthew L
    Matthew L âś­âś­âś­âś­

Echoing this idea as this would be an awesome feature that would add a lot of versatility to the use of forms for teams that use forms for project updates (which I'm sure many teams do since this is something I learned from Smartsheet reps).

• Upvoting again in February 2024 for this function. Likeliness of response is higher for any kind of input from users if they do not have to click a link to get to the input. Would love to see an embedded form in automated email.