December Question of the Month đź’­ Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• adam.b
    adam.b âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

In terms of Smartsheet, I have created ecosystems for different teams within the org, built reports, dashboards for each team, and created a large dashboard for the org that links to different sub dashboards.

• egypthntr
    egypthntr âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I am proud of myself that I opened my mind to what Smartsheet can do and that I joined this community. In my professional journey, I am proud of myself for leading a mult-departmental faceted project and have been successful in the outcomes.

• Cristina W
    Cristina W âś­âś­âś­âś­
    edited 12/04/23
    Options

This year just went too fast for me. One thing I teach myself this year was to learn how to use a new software suite, I am very proud of that accomplishment.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

This year I took a leap of faith to change jobs (trading one Smartsheet client for another). Certainly, a difficult decision to leave somewhere I'd grown to enjoy, but that I wasn't waking up every day excited to continue doing what I was doing. After 5-years of mostly working from home, I was ready to get back into an office setting and interact with real humans. For 13+ years I've commuted ~1-hour for work and now I've got a local job ~5 minutes from home. Various things that I was and am excited for, but also the unknown of changing industries. Lots of learning to do yet and reminding myself it's a marathon, not a sprint. Cheers to 2024!

• joey.w.razzano
    joey.w.razzano âś­âś­âś­
    Options

At the State of Oregon, we successfully hosted a virtual Smartsheet Day ( 4 hour webinar/meeting) across 14 agencies with hundreds of users attending. I even got to virtually meet Cicero (yes, I did some fan-girling!) but it was a great opportunity for users in so many different environments to see the flexibility and scalability of Smartsheet. It was a really nice collaboration with the company and our CSR (Dani Haskins) - she's terrific. Looking forward to offering it again!

• Pamela Clapp
    Pamela Clapp âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Not Smartsheet Related - I love to learn and take in information especially new processes or process improvements. However, I found that I had stopped reading for fun about 3 years ago. I set my first goal to read 12 books a year and then increased it to 24. This year I have completed 37 books and the majority were not related to my profession. I have seen an increase in my ability to concentrate when I am working because I'm giving my break the creative break that it needs at night win/win!

• JMacMillan
    JMacMillan âś­âś­âś­
    Options

This year, we have implemented Control Center to help create new projects and workspaces within Smartsheet that has reduced the administrative effort required for each project set up. This has allowed our team to use time that would typically be spent setting up new projects to working on project deliverables. A great asset to have!

• kelceyg
    kelceyg âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

My biggest accomplishment this year was hosting a Smartsheet Lunch N Learn in my organization. I am incredibly shy and suffer from stage fright (yes, even when presenting online.) However, as a Smartsheet SME, I was asked to create a webinar that could be presented to other departments who are interested in implementing Smartsheet. About 28 people attended (that's a lot for me!) and I received a lot of positive feedback on my presentation. There's been multiple asks that I continue the series to talk about more specific Smartsheet items. While I'm not necessarily running to present again, it's exciting to think about!

• DanMorales
    DanMorales âś­âś­âś­
    Options

On a personal note, my wife and I got married in March, and we were thrilled to celebrate with our loved ones.

On the professional front, I am proud to have led and consulted an amazing healthcare/plan provider team through a year-long project to design and build their Smartsheet solution. We successfully launched the project in July, and I am thrilled that Smartsheet was able to revolutionize the way they work for contracting, credentialing, and ensuring accurate data entry and maintenance across all of their systems. Healthcare data is complex!

Dan Morales | Product Manager @ SoftwareX - Smartsheet Aligned Platinum Partner

• khelland
    khelland âś­âś­âś­
    Options
    As I complete more and more of the courses within the smartsheet university, it would be great to be able to see the course acitivity information (like a transcript of sorts) not only for myself but to be able to provide my manger for personal growth goals, etc. I am a newbie so maybe I am just missing something and this exists already but I have poked around and can't find that or where the code to claim any PDUs received.
  • Atroyanek
    Atroyanek âś­âś­
    Options

My greatest accomplishment of the year was being promoted and helping our team grow. I have taken the initiative in moving all our current work into SmartSheets. This has helped us easily show the work that we have done and the work we are doing. It is helping us to grow our team!

• Lrowden99
    Lrowden99 âś­âś­
    Options

I am proud to have the privilege to "socialize" and "evangelize" the Smartsheet platform. My internal business users can be "extremely" focused on solutions that they have had exposure to historically, (or by word of mouth) drive the narrative. With Smartsheet the value proposition is in the visualizations. Having the ability to see what could be carries a lot of weight. I am happy to be an ambassador to the platform.

• Caroline Elliott
    Caroline Elliott âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I am really proud of expanding our use of Smartsheet across our business. We have had licenses for many years, and no one really used it. Building out the PMO framework in Smartsheet, led to building out sheets and dashboards for Finance, People and Culture, ISO, PDLC and more! And the interest keeps coming! All of this helps to get more experts across our business and drive value from our investment 🎉

• vanhieu
    vanhieu âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Dear Smartsheet Team,

I am reaching out to express my appreciation for how Smartsheet has become a catalyst in embedding lean principles into our manufacturing department's processes. Your platform has not only streamlined our operations but has also significantly enhanced efficiency and transparency. Here’s a brief overview of how we’ve leveraged Smartsheet:

1. Streamlined Quarterly Worker Evaluation System: Leveraging Smartsheet, we transformed our "Quarterly Worker Evaluation System" to handle over 200 evaluations each quarter efficiently. By integrating Form feature for self-evaluations and automating data flow to leaders and HR, we have eliminated unnecessary paperwork and reduced process time, embodying the lean principle of eliminating waste and optimizing flow.
    2. Enhanced Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Responsiveness: The creation of an "EHS Concern Portal" on Smartsheet has revolutionized how we address safety in the workplace. This portal ( Form & workflow feature) allows immediate reporting of safety concerns, automatically routing them to relevant area leaders for action. This proactive approach not only reduces potential risks but also aligns with the lean principle of building a culture of continuous improvement and respect for people.
    3. Smart Locker Integration for Material Traceability: Utilizing the Smartsheet SDK (.Net) , we integrated our "Smart Locker" system for a more transparent and real-time tracking of material usage. This shift from manual tracking to a system-driven approach has significantly reduced material wastage and errors, adhering to the lean focus on enhancing quality and reducing inefficiencies.

These implementations, facilitated by Smartsheet, have not only improved our operational efficiency but also fostered a culture of continuous improvement and respect for every worker, they love the way we change and focus to enhance their job flow follow lean principles. The platform’s flexibility and integration capabilities have been essential in our lean journey, helping us create a more streamlined, efficient, and employee-centric work environment.

Thank you for providing a tool that so effectively supports lean management practices.

Warm regards,

Hieu H

Lean engineer

• Jason Miller
    Jason Miller âś­âś­
    Options

This year has been a rollercoaster, and I'm excited to share something I'm super proud of as the lone wolf Smartsheet Application Manager working for a large global pharmaceutical company.

So, here's the scoop—my goal was to create a Smartsheet Application Support & Request Management Solution to govern our Smartsheet application & user community at the enterprise level: think license requests, newbie onboarding, training, solution requests, tech support, etc.—all in one integrated solution.

After months of ideation, workflow whiteboarding, developing new solution templates only to trash them a week later, I finally came up with a solution that is scalable and offers flexibility for future upgrades.

Although I would love to take all the credit—I didn't pull off this magic trick solo. Nope! Being a one-person show, I had to call in the big guns—our internal Smartsheet support squad. Huge shoutout to Sami Harju-villamo (TAM), Nicole Marks (CSS), and Samantha Boles (Acct. Exec). These heroes not only had my back but also helped me sell the idea and show off the value of Smartsheet Technical & Pro Desk Support.

I am so happy to report that we have begun to outsource the tech headaches, freeing me up to focus on the good stuff—building solutions that pack a punch for our business units.

This win is all about teamwork, innovation, and having each other's backs. Can't wait to swap stories and tips with all of you!

This discussion has been closed.