[GIVEAWAY] Win 1 seat to a Multi-Day Smartsheet University course

Comments

• Hi!! After being a teacher for 20 years, my favourite course was one about Agile Methodologies that really changed my mind. It was like Aladdin said in his song ¨A Whole New World¨ for me, not only because I discover a different way of working but also because it was my first step to a new career. I kept on studying and now I work from home as a PM in a great company.

• My favorite class was a facilitation class I took at a previous company. It helped me develop skills that I use every day interacting with others. It helped me learn how to stand up in front of others with confidence and to help facilitate the learning for others. I do want to give a shout out to Smartsheet though! I've purchased a lot of softwares in my career and the training courses in Smart U make using Smartsheet sooooooo simple! We have created over 200 sheets so far!! Thanks for making such an amazing software and making our jobs easier!!

• I took a Professional Brewers Certification course through the MA DOL to become a certified Brewers Apprentice! I learned so much about the art and science of brewing that it started a fun career side quest as a professional brewer!

• One of my favorite classes I took was black & white photography, which included developing our own film. It combined art and science, creativity and analysis. Not only did this class allow me to express myself in new ways, it also strengthened my bond with my father who was an avid amateur photographer.

• I have not taken any SmartSheet courses except for watching webinars/tutorials. My professional plan is to get certified this year.

Currently, I am taking a course, "Million Dollar Year," provided by Dow Janes. I am only a few days in, but it has been eye-opening. I hope to put these tools into place to achieve a million-dollar year.

• My favorite course was a History class in high school. The prof was engaging and made learning interesting, often setting up groups for projects or trivia quizzes.

• One of my favorite course was Discover and Manage Customer Needs and Expectations back in the early 1990. Developing spreadsheet to track.

• jacquedale
    jacquedale ✭✭✭✭✭

The best course I have ever taken, and recommend whenever there is a chance is "Crucial Conversations".

This was a course I didn't even know I needed. Even with degrees in Communications and Marketing. Crucial Conversations taught me things I still use daily (15 years later).

I can confidently say it's a game-changer for anyone in a leadership position, or any position really. This program doesn't just scratch the surface; it delves deep into the intricacies of initiating and tactfully navigating difficult conversations.

One of the course's standout features is its utilization of relatable scenarios. These scenarios not only grab your attention but also immerse you in real-world situations that managers commonly encounter. Through these scenarios, I found myself gaining valuable insights and techniques that I could immediately apply to my own managerial responsibilities. The impact on my behavior was noticeable, with each scenario serving as a catalyst for positive change in my approach to communication.

The course also has assessments and knowledge checks at strategic intervals. These assessments not only reinforce learning but also provide invaluable insights into my own behaviors and attitudes. It's not just about absorbing information; it's about understanding oneself and honing one's skills to become a more effective communicator and leader.

Check it out (I promise I don't get kick backs...just love it so much) https://cruciallearning.com/

Jacque Smith

Project Controls, MSR-FSR

• So, really cannot call it a course, but my military background and training I received has brought my professional development to a level that I could not have obtained otherwise. It has developed my integrity, my work ethics, my work relationships and so much more. It has also opened doors to me that may not have been accessed otherwise. Where change is not always appreciated, I take it as a challenge to grow. I never want to stop learning.

• TN_MG
    TN_MG ✭✭

My favorite adult course that I completed and thoroughly enjoyed was the Remote Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University training and the follow on Financial Coach Management Training. Such a great area to be able to help so many people and the instructors were engaging and fantastic.

• My favorite course was "Religions and Culture".

The course is about the roots of religion and how it impacted culture around the world. This was eye-opening and gave me greater knowledge and empathy for others than I had anticipated. The course planted a seed in my soul to continue reading, learning, and researching deeper and further than the actual course was about. When I talk to people and learn about their backgrounds, I can connect their religion and culture piece, make considerate decisions, and have respectful conversations with them.

• Stacey C
    Stacey C ✭✭✭✭

My first employer out of college sent me to a multi-day training course to learn Microsoft Excel and Access. I did not know at the time how life changing that would be! The skills I learned at that course not only made my work easier, it allowed me to excel (no pun intended) at my current job as many people don't understand just what powerful tools they are! I have created databases for collecting quality reviews of medical records, purchase order systems and asset maintenance tracking, to name a few, and countless graphs, charts and reports for managers and clients of all sorts based on that week of classes. It has also sparked my interest in other data management tools, and my knowledge of Excel is what led me to become the administrator and lead designer of our SmartSheet account! I really love helping create solutions that make other people's jobs easier, and extracting data for ease of use and understanding for our team!

• My favorite course was an in-person course on managerial soft skills. I had done online versions but nothing really clicked for me until I attended an in-person event and could get feedback on my physical presentation and my tone. I loved the exercises that accompanied the class as they presented real-world examples and on the spot feedback/corrections.

• My favorite course has to be the art of inner engineering.. it had thought me first and foremost to learn how to handle this sophisticated machine that we call human life. Now, it goes a long way in helping me with everything that happens as life.. both professional and personal life.

• When I reflect on my favorite course experience, one that immediately comes to mind is the makeup course I took in Los Angeles. It wasn't just a class; it was a transformative journey that introduced me to a vibrant community of like-minded individuals who shared a passion for makeup artistry.

What made this course exceptional was its interactive nature and the opportunity it provided for hands-on practice. From the moment I stepped into the classroom, I was greeted with an atmosphere buzzing with creativity and excitement. We weren't just passive learners; we were encouraged to experiment, to express ourselves, and to collaborate with one another.

One of the most rewarding aspects of the course was the chance to meet and connect with fellow makeup enthusiasts. Through our shared experiences and collaborative projects, we formed genuine friendships that have endured beyond the confines of the classroom. Even now, long after the course has ended, we continue to support and inspire each other in our respective endeavors.

What truly sets this course apart, however, is the sense of community it fostered. In an industry often characterized by competition, it was refreshing to be part of a group that prioritized collaboration over rivalry. Whether it was sharing tips and techniques, providing constructive feedback, or simply lending a supportive ear, we were always there for one another.

In conclusion, the makeup course I took in LA (Ono makeup course) was more than just a learning experience; it was a journey of self-discovery and camaraderie. It taught me the value of community, the power of collaboration, and the importance of pursuing my passions with zeal and enthusiasm.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to reflect on this memorable experience.

This discussion has been closed.