[GIVEAWAY] Win 1 seat to a Multi-Day Smartsheet University course

Comments

• My favorite is a class on fusing glass, it was something I didn't think I could do, and it was awesome to learn how to do something that's so different from my day-to-day computer stuff

• A Cosmology college elective taught by an engineer from JPL who was a project manager on one of the deep space probes. Highlights of the course were looking at the planets using good quality telescopes on the school lawn, and an after hours tour of JPL. The professor was engaging and made the basic math and science used to launch vehicles from this planet accessible to a bunch of non-engineer types.

• My Speech Class in College was one course I have found to be the most valuable I have used throughout my business career due to the subject matter but mainly due to the Professor.

• Lindi P
    Lindi P ✭✭

I've had the opportunity to take 2 courses by the Disney Institute, the Leadership Excellence course and the Quality Service course. I made some changes after both of these classes that made a quick impact not only on my professional life but also my personal life!

• My favorite course in high school was Business Etiquette. Growing up, I was raised by good people, but uneducated. I had a burning desire to learn and make a better life for myself. I wanted to work in an office and be a secretary. Although we no longer use that term, that was my dream. Business Etiquette was an amazing class for me as it introduced me to a whole new world of business that I was excited to be a part of. A few weeks before graduation, they brought in some huge machines that looked like TVs with typewriter boards built in. We didn't know what they were, but we were told they were called "Computers." They were going to be introduced to the next year's classes, but we were allowed to play around with them. I was the only one brave enough to tackle this new technology. Although I didn't learn much, touching it, reading the documents, and learning how to turn it on and off led me to my first real job in an office. This is what training is all about - helping others advance in their careers and their lives. I worked at that company for 10 years.

• I have not taken a class with smartsheet I have self taught.

• The best class that I have taken is Corporals' Course in the Marine Corps. It taught a lot about leading Marines, not just managing and giving orders. I still use those methods and it has helped me greatly advance my civilian career, and I would take the course again in a heart beat just to get a refresher and new insights.

• One of the most memorable courses I've taken was an advanced literature seminar in college. It was a really captivating exploration of contemporary global literature that left a lasting impact on me.

We delved into works from authors across the globe, immersing ourselves in a tapestry of cultures, languages, and perspectives. From the vivid magical realism of Latin America to the poignant post-colonial narratives of Africa and Asia, each text offered a window into a different facet of the human experience. That course really expanded my horizons and deepened my understanding of the world around me.

• BarbS
    BarbS ✭✭

My favorite instructor-led professional course was the final ITIL Practitioner boot camp course in Washington DC. What really enjoyed most about it was the interaction between the instructor and students to talk about real-world examples. It was a bonus that the exam was taken on the last day of the course so that the content was fresh in our minds.

• My fave Smartsheet course is the Core app ones. Despite being a seasoned user, I still sometimes "etch-a-sketch" the basic processes and need a refresher to joggle the mind. My fave college course was the Study of Serial Murder. The most fascinating and frightening class I ever took.

• Hello! My Name is Laura Hempleman, my most favorite course I have ever taken was a seminar class in college called Evolutionary Biology, as a biology major it introduced a whole new level two the subject adding context to systems and reasons that are the driving force behind evolution. This class shaped my future as a biologist focusing on how the systems in our body interact in the world around us.

• One of my favorite courses I've taken online is Genealogy through the Daughters of the American Revolution. I've also taken a considerable amount of classes through the Smartsheet University. What I enjoyed the most was the way the Smartsheet U. gives you a visual of the skill as well as practice.

• One of my favorite courses is the lifesaving course offered by the swim club in school. The skills I learned about water and survival tactics in an adverse situation have stayed with me for my whole life. I have been able to apply the principles in many different areas in my life journey.

• Servant Leadership has been the most profound and impacting professional development course that I have taken. It has wide ranging impacts on both professional and personal lives if applied appropriately. Servant Leadership offers a transformative path towards both professional excellence and personal fulfillment. By emphasizing empathy, empowerment, and ethical leadership, it equips participants with the skills and mindset necessary to excel in their careers while fostering meaningful connections and positive change in their lives. Through practical exercises, participants learn to unleash the potential of their teams, cultivate trust and collaboration, and navigate challenges with grace and resilience. Beyond its professional applications, the principles of servant leadership serve as a guiding light for creating a more compassionate and purposeful existence, enriching both professional endeavors and personal relationships. Relationships are a key integral part of any business and this has helped me personally to become more successful both personally and professionally.

• I would have to say High School Econ! I was always told by the upperclassmen to not get Coach J as your teacher...you will not like it and be miserable! So I decided to take Econ in summer school, thinking the odds would be better that I didn't get Coach J. Well low and behold I got him and let me tell you he was one of the BEST teachers I ever had! Because of this, I took AP Econ all though high school, so I would continue to learn from him!

This discussion has been closed.