[GIVEAWAY] Win 1 seat to a Multi-Day Smartsheet University course

Comments

• Tina R
    Tina R ✭✭

I have not taken any of the courses. When I first started using Smartsheet all the training was paid only, per license and the company wouldn't pay for it, and I just haven't had the opportunity since then. I know I'm barely using the Smartsheet capabilities to my best advantage. My processes are all hobbled together with basic, bare minimum knowledge.

• I participated in the Leadership Women leadership pipeline program for a day and a half when I was more junior in my career path. The program was AMAZING. It equipped women to be leaders in their respective workplaces. It encouraged me to stand up for myself as a woman in my respective workplace, make my voice heard, and to not be afraid to ask questions. It gave me critical skills regarding communication in work and personal settings - stating your intentions before discussing conflict resolution with others. This program has local chapters around the country and I was invited to a facebook networking group after the program to connect with alumni from Leadership Women programs. Through this group, I have had valuable discussions with other women in leadership roles in Austin regarding their career paths and tips they have for women in all industries.

• My favorite course that I took was the Manufacturing Leadership Institute which was developed by Lehigh University and made available through the PA Manufacturers Resource Center. It really helped in my development as a leader, and I enjoyed all of the guest speakers that came to do the training. We had experts who worked for or trained at companies like Boeing, Toyota, Pfizer, IBM and others that really presented their material in unique and engaging ways.

• Hi, I am Jorge Escoto, one of my favorite courses was regarding project management, where an orchestra director and a full orchestra were brought to teach how a big group of individuals who did not know each other before were able to play great music as the director led them. The volume, rhythm, intensity, and the entire experience was greatly performed by having the right people, tools, and communication, including the specific language transferred by the baton.

• Hello. I think I would have to say that my absolute favorite class would have to be a Creative and Process Arts course that I took in my Elementary Education Masters program. The course was led by the directors of a Creative Arts elementary school in Portland, and was held inside their facility. It was extraordinary and I loved it because of how much we were given the opportunity to utilize the knowledge we were given by doing. This method allows for a greater chance of taking in and understanding learning.

• My First Aid/CPR course! I took a Kinesiology class in college and our coursework led to my certification in CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogens. Even though the certifications have lapsed, the knowledge has had practical use for close to 20 years!

• CDup
    CDup ✭✭✭

Before I sat for my PMP, I took the Rita Mulchay in-person PMP prep class. One of the most well designed courses I've ever taken. Learned SO much and passed my exam with flying colors.

• Project Management Professional - Cornell University

• ECW emr certification that I took back in 2015. That certification required you to know SQL at a basic level but also required you to build, configure and launch an Apache instance. Bringing together High availability, Clustering and calls to the database with access to important data on demand. Important things to be aware of when faced with why a particular part of a SQL application responds slow...

• I took a professional development class in Emerging Managers, it taught me a lot about the different ways to communicate with collegues and people in general. It also taught me to look outside the box and how to help someone. I took that knowledge to my next two jobs.

• My favorite class that I have taken was a three day leadership workshop. It was great to interact with other leaders of large corporations.

• JanI
    JanI
    edited 04/10/24

My favorite course was my first IT course at the University of Akron. It was way back in the day and it was Fortran! I took the course as an Elective and it was soon followed by changing my degree to Computer Science. What makes any course effective for me is a dynamic instructor, good every day/practical examples and hands on experience or practice!

While I don't use this technology anymore, it still is my favorite course I ever took.

Just remember to never pass up an learning experience!

• Smartsheet Core App Skills Course. This was taken onsite in Seattle and was really enjoyable to meet other attendees and instructor in person. The instructor was excellent and made the course fun and interactive. I never once felt bored during the multi-day course which is not a short undertaking!

• I just started using Smartsheets last year and love the system. I am working on moving out of excel and into Smartsheets. I especially love the automation and collaboration the system allows for users!

• Sam C
    Sam C ✭✭✭✭

My favorite course path was the Self-Paced Project Management courses. I appreciated the way that the information was broken down into separate, logical stages using a real-world example throughout the training courses. Furthermore, the hands-on approach that this module uses where the user is being asked to complete the actions in the related sheets as he/she is learning caters so much toward my own learning-style because I, like most people I imagine, learn and retain new information by "doing" rather than just "seeing". It gave me a better understanding of the capabilities and flexible nature of the Smartsheet platform in terms of fulfilling a Project Manager role. I also picked up quite a few tips and tricks for project roll-ups and dashboards where I discovered more efficient ways to get the data I was after.

This discussion has been closed.