Community Corner Newsletter [April 2024]

Options
Rebeca S.
Rebeca S. Employee Admin

Hey hey everyone, Rebeca here.

I’m back to introduce April’s newsletter, and I’ve got a lot to share with you, including new topics, badges and a giveaway. But first things first, big shout out to @Genevieve P. for the great March issue. She really inspired me to explore my country even more with the eyes of a tourist!

Now, let’s get started with all the Community news you need to know. 😁

---

Community highlights

Help us welcome some of our newest Member introductions in Show & Tell or look through the Trending section for more ways to connect.

Say hello to these Community Members 👋🏻

1. @jisellejones here
  2. @Reed Fuller here
  3. @Melissa W here
  4. @Hgermann here
  5. @T Kawashiri DXable here

You can find more new members and say hello here.

Popular ideas & feature requests (reviewed by the Product Team)!

What’s it going to be? Head to the Smartsheet Product and Ideas Topic to share and vote on ideas.

---

Community updates

In Case You Missed It (ICYMI)

NEW Industry Badges

Participate to earn your badge & keep an eye out for a new industry in the next couple of weeks 👀

April Question of the Month

Share your answer by April 30

NEW Language Badges

Earn a badge by participating in the corresponding language on the Global Discussions

NEW Industry Talk Topic

Explore Education and Healthcare & Life Sciences

SmartU Course Giveaway

Everyone that participates gets a 10% discount

Upcoming in-person User Groups

Secure your spot!

---

Pass the mic 🎤 Community Champions

Community Champions are members who demonstrate product expertise and generosity in sharing best practices and support with others on the platform.

"Be as clear as possible in both your questions and your answers. Also, if the conversation is becoming more than one or two exchanges, check out the other person's signature block and reach out to them offline for more detailed discussions. And then don't forget to recap it back on the forum thread to explain the outcome so others can learn as well."

- @Matt Johnson, Senior Project Manager at Sevan Multi-Site Solutions (Read more about Matt in his Member Spotlight)

---

Member Appreciation

See Activity feed for more

This month's leaderboard

1. @Kay Mok
  2. @K. Bátor Nagy
  3. @Andrée Starå
  4. @Paul Newcome
  5. @NickStaffordPM

Member spotlight

@Mark Safran Here

---

Overachiever's Motivation Mix

The Smartsheet Overachievers are here to give you the songs that will keep you going and keep you achieving! Here’s what’s on the playlist right now.

Thin Lear, “Second Nature”

"I love this song and this fantastic video because it so clearly shows that regardless of external difficulties, you can always find an inner resolve to get through each day with your positivity intact. If there’s a peacefulness you can find at your center, you can make it through any challenge and thrive."

- Emely Grisanty (@EmelyG), Senior Project Manager, Technology Solutions at Avison Young and Second Year Overachiever

---

More about me:

One of my goals for 2024 is to expand my horizons, cultivate new hobbies and skills, and to not be afraid of being a beginner with a lot to learn. 

I’m lucky to live in an area with lots of cool things to do, so my only issue was choosing what to do first. However, when I discovered a newly opened pottery studio, I knew it was the perfect place to start. My first project was the cup you see in the photo, and I’ll definitely go back to keep on improving, and learning new techniques. I also look forward to showing my results to our team’s pottery expert — Genevieve!

Next, I decided to get myself a rosemary plant. I don’t have a green thumb (at all) but I’ve wanted to try for a long time, so here’s hoping my plant will thrive in the end. I’ll also attend a watercolors class this weekend, but I welcome suggestions for what I should try out next. 👀

Learning something new can be intimidating, but it’s also fun to have a whole new world to discover, so don’t ever let that discourage you! 

Have you tried anything new recently?

---

Give us your feedback

Have ideas for the next Community Corner? Leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Note: Unfollow this Topic if you'd no longer like to receive alerts. We'll miss you!

Comments