Automated emails not sending attachtments?

I have a simple automation set up where if Cell 1 has any value in it, It will send out an email to the requestor. Sometimes we have to include attachments but it doesn't always send. I already have it set up to send the information needed and I made sure attachments were checked as well. I also told all the admins "add the attachment before adding any text to Cell 1". Is there something I am missing or do we have to save the sheet when we add the attachment then add text to Cell 1 so the workflow runs with the attachment? Is there a way around this by either creating an few automations and or using helper columns as I can not have the automation based on if an attachment is added as it is only sometimes.

Answers

• Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni

The alert will not include attachments unless attachments are the trigger for the alert.

There's only one kind of automation that adds an attachment to the row, that's the Document Generation automation which creates a PDF based on the data. It doesn't sound like that's what you want, so you don't have another option to automatically trigger an attachment and include the attachments in the alert.

The alternative way to deal with this is to instruct people in the email to click the link and open the row to see attachments. Or send the alert and include a link to a Dynamic View. Dynamic View will show them just their rows, with all attachments and comments.

BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

SEATTLE WA, USA

IRON MOUNTAIN