Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Guidance on using Smartsheet to support PMO processes

SmartUser
SmartUser
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts
I am about to move my PMO process to Smartsheet and am trying to figure out how best to structure this.  Currently, we have a standard set of tools that we issue to a project manager when the project starts, this includes Scope, Business Requirements, Test Plans, Meeting Minutes, Issue/Decision/Risk Log, Project Plan etc..  I am wondering how I can wrap the same functionality up in Smartsheet i.e. do I create a template workspace and hand this out as each project starts or do I create a template sheet ?

I would also like to create a dashboard for RAG Status reporting across the entire portfolio of projects.

Would like to hear from anyone that has made or started this journey and would appreciate any guidance/advice.

Comments

• We have also migrated from Microsoft Project to SmartSheet.  We have created a standard project template used for all Projects so that we have common fields to report on, either at the resource level or project level. 

So far, we keep all of our supporting documentations (scope, minutes, supporting documents, etc.) in an internally housed system. 

I'm finding that overall project status reporting is a bit manual, so am looking for suggestions in that area as well.  I have developed some reports but they aren't viewable in a gantt format yet. 

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi SmartUser! You might also want to check out this thread where users gave suggestions for PMOs and creating dashboards: https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/project-managementpmo-tips

• Jan Peters
    Jan Peters ✭✭✭✭

We use SmartSheet for both project plans and tracking site conversions. Has anyone created a Project Plan Template that can then be duplicated and used as a baseline to create new projects in SmartSheet?  If so, can you please share with me how you can duplicate?  Or, I'm open for other ideas/suggestions. 

Thank you!

Jan

This discussion has been closed.