Why can we still not assign multiple resources to a task?

Jesse L
Jesse L
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

How in the world is there still not a way to assign multiple team members to a single task? 

This is such an essential feature to my company (and I would imagine many others), that not having it available basically makes Smartsheets useless for us. It certainly makes the resource allocation tool useless, and that is really the only reason we signed up for a business plan.

I have seen so many people ask for this basic feature, and have once been told by a Smartsheet employee that the "ability to assign tasks to multiple people is a priority for us, and we are actively working on it." However, we have never been given an update or any follow up on this. 

Please stop spending all of your time implementing features no one seems to be asking for (the ability to use gchat and fbchat???) and instead work on making Smartsheets useable. 

Comments

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As a workaround, you can add an additional contact column to your SmartSheet to handle the multiple assigning of tasks. Though the new column won't be integrated into the resource management tools in Smartsheets it will allow you to add additional users and assign rows to them which become filterable in reports as you set them up. I know that's probably not exactly what you're looking for, but it might hold you over till they release that feature that you have correctly communicated someone from Smartsheets has said is in the works.