Legal projects/task management sheet
I’m part of an in-house legal department. The company has different departments and different types of contracts/advice they require us to produce.
To track the work, I have created one sheet for the legal team to use, covering all main "legal work" categories and then broken down to sub categories, tasks and then sub tasks underneath (see snapshot attached).
The majority of the tasks are different contracts we initiate, negotiate, process and follow until signing.
- All information is in one place (breaking it down to different department would result in too many sheets), gives the team/manager an overview of what’s happening
- Easier management of resources for the manager
- Sheet now very big, hard to find the right category/sub category
- Very manual; little automation; hard to add a new task
- can’t really use the functionality of forms as system doesn’t know into which category to add a new task to
- Searching and finding is hard; filtering not much help either.
- I guess the 'smart' of Smartsheet is not fully utilized.
- can someone please share a good template to manage many different tasks/projects, split into categories which may be a better solution than the above?
- Can someone suggest way to simplify and overcome the cons mentioned above?
Many thanks for your help!