Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

cost and efficiency trend calculator

I just started using smartsheets for out development firm.  we have hundreds of new consturction homes that we keep seperate data sheets on everything from bidding, to actual cost, to scheduling.  I would like to be able to pull the data out of each sheet and generate a report that details how much I pay for each style of home, how much each subcontractor charges, and how long each sub took to complete their task, per style of home, and then compare that information to my upcoming projects.

Example;  House style A w/ mid level finishes

Sub A - averages $1 for this project - averages 1 week to complete- has 3 available slots for the (1) week to complete this project during the week starting 10-11-12

Sub B - Averages $2 for this project - averages 1.5 weeks to complete - has 2 available slots for the (1.5) weeks to complete the project during the week starting 10-11-12

Sub B - Averages $0.50 for this project - Averages 3 days to complete - has 0 available slots for (3) days to complete this project during the week starting 10-11-12

Any direction as to which videos I should be watching or what functions to focus on to generate this would be very helpful.

Comments

• JohnHinkle
    JohnHinkle ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Something that we do with projects which could probably work for you as well. In each sheet have a standard row that summarizes the entire sheet/project. You can then run a report that pulls in only that row from each sheet. Or if you need to build calculations on this data, use cell linking to link just the summery row from each sheet to a new sheet, then build your calculations on the linked data (Which will update automatically if you update the source sheets).

This discussion has been closed.