Project Plan with several Tasks in one Line

LDE
LDE
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hallo! Currently, we have an Excel sheet, which I would like to transfer in Smartsheet. However I cannot find a way to do so, so hopefully someone can help me.

As seen in the picture, every row is an own project and every column (except the first with the name of the project) is a certain day, like a Gantt. So on every day, the current status of the project and the task for every person will be written in this sheet. 

I was able to set up the project plans, however every task needs to be set in a new row, which blows up the sheet.

Is there a way to have a Gantt diagramm in which i can just write into the field of a day?  How can I tranfer this overview in smartsheet? Is there a template?

I tried to put the Excel file into smartsheet, but this does not work, since there are to many columns (at least 1 year, so ca. 400 columns).

Excel to Smartsheet.PNG

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

It's not possible to have multiple tasks on one line. They have to be separated into multiple rows.

You'd probably need to transpose the information so the dates would be placed in the rows instead. I need to see and have more details to give a better recommendation.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Hope that helps!

Have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.