Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

cc for update request

Brad Jones
Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hey SS folks,

I would like to see the option to have a CC list for an update request.  I work with remote teams that have onsite managers, and while I do most of the update requests to the team for corrections or omissions - the manager needs to have visibility of the update request so that they can keep the local team in line with their usage of SS.  Currently I have been sending update requests to both the team member and the manager, but this creates two update requests in the list for one row (one for each user) and I have to go delete the one for the manager once the employee one is closed.

Can you please add this as a feature request?

Thank you,

Brad

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

+1 from me.

Craig

• Hi Brad-- Just to confirm so I can make sure I submit an accurate request for this product enhancement, you'd like CC'd users to be able to view the Update Request but not submit it, correct? Or would you like CC'd users to be able to view the Update Request and receive a confirmation email with the submitted information? Let me know and I'll pass this feedback on to our Development team!

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Kennedy,

Yes:  cc'd users can view the request, but not update it.

Let me use my example:

I monitor three project sites that are using SS to track their progress.  I work remotely, and don't have a physical presence at these sites on a daily basis.

As the engineers fill in the rows, sometimes they miss cells or make mistakes.  I send these engineers update requests, and I want their manager to know that I have requested their update so that he can follow up with them in person.  

It's an accountability aid, and adds to the collaboration, if some people can receive a cc of an update reuqest.

• Hi Brad-- Thanks for clarifying that for me and for the information on how it would impact your workflow! This is really helpful information and I will pass a link to this post on to our Product team along with your enhancement request. 

• Brad Jones
    Brad Jones ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Bump to this thread.  This seems like it would be a simple thing to integrate, considering there is a "CC myself" checkbox on the Update Request and Send Row popups, and these popups are already using a contacts search field.

This discussion has been closed.